1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for apartment in Bergen County

Discussion in 'Indians in Jersey City' started by sheela2015, Aug 18, 2015.

1. sheela2015

sheela2015 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Sheela. I am from Chennai. I have a 2 yr old daughter and my husband works in NY. We are moving to Bergen County by next month. We are planning to get an apartment in Mahwah/Ramsey/Ridgewood/Riveredge/Hackensack and closeby areas with good indian community. Anyone from these areas? Please help me with apartment suggestions. Looking forward to make new friends there.

Cheers,
    Sheela

2. seagreen

seagreen Gold IL'ite

Hi Sheela,

Welcome J I used to live in Hackensack 3 years ago and it’s a very nice area. It has a lot of apartments on essex street like SDK Summit, Summit manor, Arcadia manor, Hackensack apts. It extends along to Maywood which is again a nice town. They used to have a bus running to NYC, not sure if that’s the case anymore. It’s also very close to the hospital, if that’s a factor to consider. It was for me coz I was pregnant and my doctor and hospital were both 5 mins. walk. There is garden state plaza close by for shopping (huge mall) and Bergen mall. Also an Indian store is very close, so you don’t need to go to Edison or jersey city for grocery.