Looking for Telugu Families around Houston TX

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by swethachunduri, Aug 1, 2009.

1. swethachunduri

swethachunduri New IL'ite

Hello All :hiya,

I am Swetha. I am newly married and am new to Houston & US. I felt really happy to see this forum which could help me to
    meet Indians based out of Houston.

We currently stay at Stone Mist Apartments (10901, Mist Ln, Houston TX) which is located nearby to a major intersection Jones Rd & Grant Rd. I tried to find if there are any Indians in this compex, but couldn't identify anyone :drowning.

My husband works at Greenway Plaza (9, Greenway Plaza, Houston TX 77046) and drives about 20 miles (one-way) to work. We were planning to move to an apartment that would be nearby to his office. We are trying to get some information about apartments near by Greenway Plaza or Westheimer Rd that has big Indian Community and more Telugu Speaking People. I speak only Telugu and English.

Request you to respond back to me with the names of the apartments near by to Greenway Plaza or Westhimer that has more of Indian Community with Telugu Speaking People. It really wouldn't matter if there are lots of Telugu People in any apartments and even if they are 10-12 miles away from Greenway Plaza.

We heard that there are couple of Telugu Families at the apartments:
    1. Park @ Voss
    2. Phoenician

Could you please let us know if you are aware of anymore apartments having Telugu Speaking People, So that we are planning to look at all of them over the next weekend??? Really appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    :) Swetha :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009

2. startrek

startrek New IL'ite

Hi Swetha, May be it is too late for the reply. I am from Hyderabad and live in Katy. I work at Greenway Plaza too. Try YorkTown apartments on Yorktown street near galleria. There are many telugu families living there and it is around 10 min drive to greenway plaza

3. shreedallas

shreedallas Senior IL'ite

Hai Every one,

I need some information regarding the indian community in Houston as we are planing to move there with in a week days. My Husband got job in Green Way Plaza. It wil be great if the appartments are near to his office.
    We are From Andhra Pradesh, India.

Waiting for your Reply

Thanks and Regards
    Shree :)

4. ramya1208

ramya1208 New IL'ite

Hi Shree
    Try Yorktown apartments. Me and my wife are from Hyderabad and we live there. I work while she stays at home. Greenway Plaza is about 8 mins from Yorktown apartments. These apartments are safe and in a good part of town and have many Indian couples (especially telugu). We are new to this place and are also looking for friends. If you have any more questions Please contact me through private messages.

Admin Note: You can exchange contact information only through private messages. Private message subscription is just $10/year. Each private message subscription comes with a free gift subscription, which you can give to the other person and you both can contact each other instantly. More Details.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
  5. Yalamanchili

Yalamanchili New IL'ite

Hi,

I am planning to relocate to Houston next week. I am looking for apartments which are close to downtown where I will be working. I have a kid that goes to 1st Grade. I am from Andhra and I need some help in deciding the apartment. Could you please suggest me?

How about Yorktown apartments?

Thanks
    Urmi

6. Pallaviy

Pallaviy New IL'ite

Hello everyone ,
    I am Pallavi .we are looking for apartments in Houston which has Indian community and Telugu speaking families. I have a kid 6 months old and my husband works in Kingwood. Could you please suggest me..?
    Thanks
    Pallavi

7. madhaviramesh

madhaviramesh New IL'ite

Hi Swetha

Might be there are telugu people in Yorktown but i heard there are robberies are happend recently. So take care of that. I am also new to this place, came to here 2months back. Just i know one apartment, i am sending that address. 7700 Willowchase Blvd, houston. Tx-77070. Sorry i don't know the exact name of the apartment. And it is around 7miles drive to greenway plaza. one of my frinend's family was living there. Recently they vacated.

8. tejuanil2010

tejuanil2010 New IL'ite

Hi Urmi,

I am Teju from Andhra.
    I will be moving to Houston and going to work in downtown and have a 1 year old baby boy. I am looking for apartments nearby downtown. Can you be able to help me?

Please private message me.

Thanks
    Teju

9. Sindhujetti

Sindhujetti New IL'ite

Hi teju,

It may be late but there are verity of options around Downtown with goods schools. Below are few apartments.

1. Park at Voss - affordable but very old & not very safe.
    2. York town - better than park at voss, but still not very safe
    3. Three fountains - affordable & safe. Not fancy.
    4. 7979. - very unsafe but very affordable.

There are a bunch of apartments on each of the below streets that are moderate to fancy but all of these are safer when compared. Check out in Gmaps for list of names, there are too many.

1. Bering rd
    2. Augusta drive
    3. Kirby
    4. Newcastle / bellaire area - personally I live here & I love it!!! (marquis at pin oak)
    5. Meical center

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  10. anu2882

anu2882 New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

I'm new to houston and trying to make friends ... living at marquis at Bellaire ... let me know if you are interested to meet :)