buying house in houston

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by breeze01, Aug 17, 2015.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone, we planning on buying house in houston...but we preferring richmond, sugarland, Missouri city...can you all please pass the idea about which area is the best...we looking for mainly good school, safe area which is obviously every once choice.we did look in Sugarland but they are old houses...a liana nice location but way too expensive for us...please keep on passing some suggestions....

2. mansithakkar

mansithakkar Local Champion Staff Member Bronze IL'ite

suggestions:

1.Sugarland homes will be indeed old but you can buy cheaper house and have few projects as per your taste.

2. Riverstone is a good community, but I am sure you must have seen it

3. Homes at austin colony is also a good choice,

4. just roam about your selective areas on weekends and you will come across good number of open houses. ( I have personally figured it out)

Hope this message proves helpful to you.

1 person likes this.
  3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Breeze and Mansi

Add me also....looking to buy a house in Sugar land may be end of this year...I specially like the sweet water blvd...Any suggestions ?

4. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@ssubhasr : Sweetwater is really mature and great community zoned to best schools. I love the lush trees and trails to walk around. The only word of caution would be there are few pockets in sweetwater that has foundation issues so just stay away from them. Rest is all good and definitely a great investment of houses.

@breeze01 if you can be more specific I can help what I know in sugar land. Sugar land some house are old but completely remolded to newer houses so you really need to drive and look at open houses and you may get lucky. Sugar land schools are way too good that prices of houses are too high.

5. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi mansi, thank you so much for your reply and the info...now a days roaming around neighbor hood has become our part time job on our off days..I will check the sub divisions you told me about let me see if I come across something.... by God's grace

6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi subha....we were also looking in Richmond side beyond highway 6 near aliana...but prices r not in my budget....if you are interested you can look houses r old. Like 8,9 years prices are beyond 300 250 below rare..see if you get one by luck..

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Hey chitra....we looking for upto 10 yr old houses....not beyond that.my main interest is school...Sugarland anywhere is OK as long as it's in my budget...let me know if you come across any of the houses....my son is 3 now..he will start school next year so we want to get in good neighbor hood ND get to know if there's any kids of his age as he is my only child...that's my main concern....we did looked in missouri too but new houses build BTW the old houses which I didn't like that idea much....what do you ladies suggest.....it's near to fifth street in missouri...it's didn't like the community much but house design is very good..not to mention their bedrooms r small in size...

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

Any kind of help regarding communities is really appreciated.....please all stay in touch over here as we all need to pass the info...thanks one and all

9. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@breeze01 since you have a young kid I suggest first you narrow down what all schools you like and then start looking for community. That's how we did when we bought the house. I also suggest you to have an open mind for old houses as some of them look so new and upgraded you will be surprised. I am not sure on which range youre looking for older communities likes common wealth, sweet water, auntin parkway or colony meadwos are zoned to such great schools that even older houses are in range of 350K - 425 K.

Have you looked at Telfari side ( other side of 59), those houses are pretty recent build but are zoned to very decent schools. Since its a recent community you wont have much rating on schools but from what I have heard those elementary and middle schools are great but again the house will be 300K +

Riverstone is the budding and most happening new community and the most expensive also the newer houses are 425K starting and there is always a debate on what schools they will be zoned. They are building a new elementary school in that area and chances are high that most of them will be zoned there next year.

Let me know if you need any more info. House hunting is not fun but you just have to have your priorities correct and then you will find your dream home.

Good luck !

10. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

I didn't look at the specific schools yet..I just focused on the fort bend isd....let me look for those too...thanks for suggestions
    .we are looking for surrounding before we approach the agent...didn't yet go in the houses and saw that's the other big chapter I guess..so as you said we will keep our ideas open about old houses too...Telfair that's way beyond beyond my budget....I will keep in mind your suggestions...see what we will find..but please do post it whenever u get some info.