Looking for apartments in houston with indian community

Discussion in 'Indians in Houston' started by ssubhasr, Jun 26, 2015.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi All

Can you suggest some apartments where we have good indian population near Sugar Land, TX which is also a good school district ?

2. mansithakkar

mansithakkar Local Champion Staff Member Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I live in sugarland, Tx. Shadowbrooke/silverbrooke are good apartments and best school district, just in front of my community there is Dulles School which is good ranking school in the town.

3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi

Thank you for the response

May I know in which apt are you in ? How much would be the rent for 2 bed and 2 bath?

4. vanushya

vanushya New IL'ite

Hi Subha
    I am also new to Houston and we live in Kingsland Blvd. I came 2 weeks before and I dont find much Indian community here.

But school district is nice with 10, 10, 9 rating for elementary, middle and high school respectively.

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

From where did u move to Houston ? I hav to move from east side. Any suggestion for good movers ?

6. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

OP : There are lots of good schools in sugar land and best are Common wealth elementary, Colony meadows and Austin park. They are all zoned to best middle and high schools. Lots of new apartments have come in sugar land do google and they will show you the current pricing. I am not sure what kind of schools youre looking for. Let me know if you need any more details.

7. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you Chitra.

I am looking for a temporary accommodation (may be for 10-12days) to stay and look for permanent accommodation. Any recommendations ? Would you mind helping me with the apartments near those schools which you mentioned ?

8. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Retreat at Riverstone, Foundations at Austin colony apartments. Since its just temporary you can find anywhere and not necessarily near these schools? Are your kids old enough to Public school? The schools I mentioned don't have PREK.

9. vanushya

vanushya New IL'ite

I heard that United vanlines is good.

We moved with Green Van Lines and we had a very bitter experience with them. They said they would deliver in 5-8 days. But they took 1 month to deliver things from Los Angeles to Houston. They came with bunch of papers and made us sign, otherwise they refused to take the things. We cannot go with a different mover at that last minute. We signed and that document protected them from all their mistakes. They didnt respond, if we make 15 calls, they would give a single mail asking us to be patient as it is the busiest month of an year. Mover who came to pick-up was different, mover who delivered was different and mover we talked initially was different. they changed the amount too.

Be careful, when deciding a mover.

10. mansithakkar

mansithakkar Local Champion Staff Member Bronze IL'ite

hi
    i stay in 1 bed 1 bath as no kids yet, but u can reasonable rent for 2bed 2 bath