1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Duluth shortly..Help Needed

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by kavithasrikanth, Oct 10, 2009.

1. kavithasrikanth

kavithasrikanth New IL'ite

Hai
    Im Kavitha
    We are moving to Duluth from Pennsylvania with kids shortly.
    Can anybody help me giving info about elementary schools and rental apts. I found Shakerag elementary and Findley oak elementary are best(Fulton County)
    rated .Can anybody help me with rental apts in these school boundaries/
    Or its great if anybody gives info about any other best city with best rated school(not more than half an hour drive to Atlanta)
    Thanks in Advance

2. lucky_bandi

lucky_bandi New IL'ite

Hi Kavitha,

I'm in Duluth.I'm staying in Colonial Grand at river oaks.Its very good apt & is a gated community.i ll also suggest colonial grand at river plantation,camden.these all are in gwinnet county.

3. kavithasrikanth

hi lucky bandi
    Thanks
    Kavitha

4. moebius

moebius New IL'ite

Hi Kavitha

We recently moved to Alpharetta/Duluth area and we have 2 kids.one goes to Findley Oaks and another to Rivertrail middle. Both are good. Instead of renting apartment we rented a single family home, it works out the same in this part of the world- beleive me ! Try in Wellington subdivision- that is where we rented. Rents range from 1200 to 1300 and mostly washer/dryer will be included. We are also looking to buy a home- but since fulton county is all older homes, we are looking into Forsyth County and the schools are equally rated in the state- if you get the actual report card from the county education system.
    We have found many great communities near exit 13 and can give more information if you want ( i am not an agent - so dont get alarmed - no business intentions here)

I see couple of boards saying for rent in our communitry- so let me know if you need those realtor numbers....

Good Luck !

Regds....

5. kavithasrikanth

Hello Moebius
    Thanks for your details.
    since we are in the moving process,Im not able to reply immediately.
    we have taken an apartment in aylesbury farms(johns creek area)
    Wilson creek Elementary and River trail Middle.
    (May I know you are from which part of India)
    Thanks again
    kavitha

6. moebius

moebius New IL'ite

Hi Kavitha

Sorry - I totally forgot to read Indus ladies thread !

I am from Kerala but we speak Tamil at home- if that is what your question is :)

Cheers

7. KrutiS

KrutiS New IL'ite

Hi Moebius,

We are looking to purchase a home in Forsyth county near exit 13. where do you live? Do you know about any good communities and new homes in that area? I would really appreciate if you can share any info regarding area,school, and communities it that area. Thanks

8. moebius

moebius New IL'ite

Hi

We have zeroed down in a community called Majors Ridge- right opposite to Piney Grove middle school/sholoh pointe elementary. Those are best value for money under 360K - with all wooden /basement lots ! We have compared lot many and found this is the best for us.
    Schools are excellent - on par with Fulton and taxes are half of Fulton. Sq footage is 3500 plus. I am NOT a broker - So please do not think I am trying to make money by selling this community. It is just a way of helping friends from India.

Thanks-

9. KrutiS

KrutiS New IL'ite

HI Moebius,

Thanks for replying back. Can you please let me know if the Major's Ridge community is a new home community and if it has homes with 3 side brick (standard)? Also, how far is it from exit 13? Have you already bought a house there or still in the process of purchasing? We saw a few new home communities on exit 13, but still looking around..Thanks again for your reply..will await to hear more from you. Take care. bye

10. moebius

moebius New IL'ite

Hi
    No they dont have 3 sided brick- but I guess you can opt for that. BUT they have beautiful stone front- which is better than brick I would say. Brick is kind of old fashioned... It is just 1.4 miles from exit 13- which is the reason why we chose- it is under 1 mile from Peachtree pkwy too !
    Cheers

where do you stay now ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2010