1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving from Michigan to Johnscreek/duluth area

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by vanithsr, Jun 24, 2015.

1. vanithsr

vanithsr New IL'ite

Hi there,
    We are planning to move soon from Michigan to JC or Duluth area this July. We visited Atlanta last week to see how the place is now just contemplating about our move there. Would love to hear from friends who live in these places with your experiences so far. We have a son who will be going to middle school this Fall well its August i guess there. We circled River trail middle and Northview high preferably . Let me know how are these schools? How is this Oak point of Johnscreek apartment? Are there any desis in that apt? How bad is the summer weather there in GA?
    Appreciate all your inputs. Btw my hubby office is in Alpharetta and I will be hunting for jobs once we comeover there.
    Thanks
    Vani

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vani,

Alpharetta and Johnscreek are booming up at its considered one of the best places for relocation.
    Oak@Johnsscreek has lots of desi population and it is very safe in comparison to other areas.

What is it that makes you reconsider ? Is there any disadvantages that you noticed ?

Summer weather is going to be really hot . You cannot compare that with Michigan. It will go upto 110F at times. be prepared. but the positive side is, you dont have harsh winters like Michigan too.
    Hope you have a nice stay.

Good luck for the move.