1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Need help getting good ob/gyn in Dunwoody/sandy spring area

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by NidhiPatel, May 18, 2012.

1. NidhiPatel

NidhiPatel Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

We just moved to Atlanta from NJ this week, currently staying in a hotel in Alpharetta. My husband's office is in Alpharetta but soon shifting to Dunwoody in few months. So, we've decided to look for apartments in Dunwoody/sandy springs area.

Also I'm 24 weeks pregnant and looking for good ob/gyn too. I see lots of useful posts here suggesting good doctors. but I'm confused as I see most ob/gyns in alpharetta area and not in Dunwoody.

Can anyone please help me finding any good ob/gyn in Dunwoddy/Sandy springs?

I appreciate your suggestions.
    Thanks

2. Parasu

Parasu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nidhi ,

Welcome to Atlanta.. We are staying in dunwoody . I have no idea about doc but i heared from next to my door she is 7 months pregnant and he is showing in Northside hosital.. u can check in that hospital some indian doc .

3. NidhiPatel

NidhiPatel Senior IL'ite

Thanks for your quick reply, Parasu. Even I heard about Northside hospital, I'll check with them.

4. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nidhi,

Hope you have found a doctor by now. If not you can talk to Dr.Anissa Durairaj. I went to her for my delivery and she visits Northside - dunwoody

5. NidhiPatel

NidhiPatel Senior IL'ite

Hi Ranchu,

Thanks for the reply. I've not decided on any doctor yet because we are still confused whether to live in Dunwoody or Alpharetta.

We saw couple of apartments in Dunwoody, they seemed nice but the online reviews say there are lots of break-ins in Sandy springs/Dunwoody area. So, we are really scared and rethinking over living in Dunwoody.

Is it true Dunwoody is unsafe as compared to Alpharetta?

Also, after reading positive reviews about Dr. Anissa, I'm really looking forward to talk to her. (thanks for recommending her)

Would it be wise to join northside hospital while living in Alpharetta, because I heard the traffic in Atlanta is really bad.

eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanks.

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have not heard much about apartments in Dunwoody. You can search for more information in other threads in this forum.

If you are relocating to Alpharetta, you have other options too. Northside Forsyth, Emory @ johns creek , etc.

7. NidhiPatel

NidhiPatel Senior IL'ite

Hi Ranchu,

I already registered with Atlanta Women's Health group. Dr. Anissa Durairaj is not available till July so the earliest appointment I got is on 31st may with Dr. E J Aspuru. They said we need to see every doc in the group so I took the earliest appointment as it will be soon a month from my last ultrasound.

again thanks for recommending her, let's see if I get next appointment with her.

8. nisha81rs

nisha81rs New IL'ite

Hello Nidhi,
    Congratulations!!!I would recommend Dr.Aneesa Durairaj at Northside Hospital in Dunwoody, excellent doctor.She is my Ob/gyn.She was my sister in law's doctor as well who delivered last week.Very happy with her.We live in Dunwoody as well.Good luck!!!

Nisha

9. padmavaidy

padmavaidy New IL'ite

Hey I am also looking for Gynaec.. We are trying to conceive.. Just wanted to know if we can contact Dr Durairaj or anyother doc in Northside..

10. NidhiPatel

NidhiPatel Senior IL'ite

Hi Padma,

You can start taking prenatal vitamins if you're trying to conceive. You can call Northside and ask for the appointment. If Dr. Durairaj is not available, ask for Dr. Lori Marshall or Dr. E J Aspuru. I had my recent appointments with Dr. Aspuru. he's really good and gives enough time. The first time, I talked with him for almost 30 min and he answered all my questions with gr8 patience. I heard that Dr. Marshall is also good. Once you're pregnant, they will anyhow make you see all dr. in that group (that's what i heard).

Let me know if you have any questions....