1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

food service in Edison New jersey

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by lmani, Oct 5, 2009.

1. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

Anybody knows who would cook for a person the person will pick up food.
    Or Tiffin service too.

2. Lostinva

Lostinva New IL'ite

i think in sulekha.com can help u.u can find lots of people posting ads.Hope this is helpful

3. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,

Did you try to post your query in New Jersey forum? Hopefully someone there will be able to help you out.

-Uma

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

There are lots of such services. As lostinva suggested sulekha will have many such ads with contact information. You can try them out.

When I was in Edison, I had 2 gujarathi aunties (they are in commons community) pack me lunch dappa everyday in the morning. I will pick them on the way. They also would do dinner if you want. There are many such aunties in that area. Just subis or rotis or rice .. you name it :)

There is a lady in north brunswick, who does south indian cooking if you are interested. Remember the curd dappa, That's the size. One sambhar, one rasam, one avial, 2 curries (One dry like potato roast or plantain roast and other greens or green vegetables) and one moor kuzhambhu or vathal kuzhambhu. For $30. It comes for a week for 2 adults, one meal a day.

I would suggest you to check sulekha.

1 person likes this.
  5. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

what a great idea!! i wonder if there will be any in jackson heights.. sometimes you just get a hankering for something authentic.. mm..

6. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

You horrible people !!! :spin I long for some tiffin dabba as such here in MA .. and you people talking about areas !! :rant

Nandhu,

Make sure I get a taste of everything you mentioned when I visit you in Nov... Dont forget any of them.. I am so desperate .... :bonk

7. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

lolol.. you are coming to NY in november?? awesome!! edison and jackson heights all the way.. :) and when will you be coming?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  8. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Yeah V, plannin to visit NJ and roam around NY too.. Probably the Thanksgving weekend.. hopefully everything goes planned ! :) This time it will be mostly eating eating and eating !! :) Hehe, I dont know what is wrong with me ! :bonk

9. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!--INFOLINKS_ON--><!-- message -->
    I just came across a website who offers Indian food tiffins. This might help you. I haven't ordered food from them; I just chanced to find a link to this website while I surfed thru some recipe site..

Tiffin Blog | Home style Indian food delivered

They serve woodbridge/edison area on weekly basis..

1 person likes this.
  10. sapnasahi

sapnasahi New IL'ite

Hi Nandsyam,

I am Hima and recently moved to piscataway, NJ. I am looking for a food service too, something like this.
    could you please giv me (PM) her contact number. Thanks a ton in advance.
    tc,
    bye.