1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Urgent - Please advise : Blueberry village Vs Edison hollow - which one to choose?

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by Revs10, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Revs10

Revs10 New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am Revathy (chennai girl) ..I need some quick suggestion from you. I am currently living in jersey city and planning to relocate to edison along with my husband and found home in blueberry village as well as in Edison hollow (from private owner) . I am in dilemma of which one to choose.

I would appreciate any pointers which would help me in taking decision. Thanks so much in advance.

Also looking for new friends in this area.

2. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

Re: Urgent - Please advise : Blueberry village Vs Edison hollow - which one to choose

Hi Revathy,

Welcome to Edison..i live in blueberry village...some houses are good here but not all..But Edison hollow houses are good..All are in same community only..but to mention lots of chain snatching happened here recently in summer:shaking:..now the robbers are caught but still like to mention it..And by the way you will get a lot of tamil friends here ...So Join the club..enjoy..:cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: Urgent - Please advise : Blueberry village Vs Edison hollow - which one to choose

Also i heard that Washer and dryer are within the unit for Edison hollow units.

1 person likes this.
  4. Revs10

Revs10 New IL'ite

TheBeliver/USHA : Thanks so much for the info.

5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

why don't u try edison woods?many desis out there..

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

If you are renting in Edison Hollow, please check with your your neighbours about the house owner. They will know more details about the owner from previous tenants. Some owners are reluctant to repair the units, unlike the maintenance from rental communities. I had a friend of mine whose owner did not repair the heater till the end of January. You imagine their situation during months of Nov, Dec, and January. Also they did not repair the damage in the bathtub. One fine day the water started seeping to our unit; and our house owner screamed at their house-owner. After a whole lot drama, finally their owner fixed the leak. So, making some general inquiries around the people in the unit, will save you from future headaches.
    Also keep in mind that not all the units has washer and dryer in edison hollow. I do not think building 14 and 15 has. Do double check with the owner.

I have stayed in Edison Hollow South condo . I have not found much difference b/w those units and blueberry unit (except we had washer/dryer). But certain blueberry units do have washer/dryer. Overall, it is a friendly community. I have loved my 2 years stay over there :))
    Enjoy @ edison

7. Revs10

Revs10 New IL'ite

We are looking for nearby station for easy commute to NYC

8. Revs10

Revs10 New IL'ite

Hi Nitha thanks for the suggestion. I spoke to the current tenant and they gave good comments about the owner so decided to take that apt

9. Revs10

Revs10 New IL'ite

Friends...I have one more question..which is the better internet service provider in this area.. I spoke to verizon and they said fios is not available there..

10. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

We had optimum... Pretty happy with their service..

Wishes