Indian Ladies in Dubai - meet here!

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by safa, Oct 29, 2006.

what should be the punishment for the god mans in India ?

1. Life time imprisionment

52.9%
  2. Sentenced to death

27.1%
  3. Should be punished with the family

4.3%
  4. 10 - 15 years locked up

15.7%
  1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Am Vijaya Prakash, currently going under the handle TWINSMOM because I am one..
    Been a resident of Sharjah for 9 years now... taught for 7 years in a big school here... currently enjoying freedom!
    I love reading and writing... Am a crossword and Sudoku freak...
    Husband - nice guy working for a big construction company.... twin sons are engineers ...just joined Infosys and Mindtree...
    I am very close to my parents and my in laws... Generally I vibe well with people... though I am kind of an introvert..
    I wonder how many ILs are there in the Emirates...

2. Bhite

Bhite New IL'ite

HI Ladies,

Just cam across this site and thought that this would be a good site to make some good friends.

I have live in Dubai all my life and god married here in Dubai. My husband iss has lived and studied in Dubai. I have two girls - one is 9 years and the other is 1 year. With the age difference between the girs, they both keep me busy.

I for a multinational company and my hubby works for a bank. I am one of the fortunate few who have their parents staying in Dubai, so I can leave my kids with them.

Anyway, hoping to hear from all you ladies here in Dubai

3. sowmyawe

sowmyawe New IL'ite

Hello IL ladies in Dubai,
    My name is Sowmya venkatesan and I have recently moved to Dubai. I live in Bur dubai with my hubby and two kids ( a5yr old boy and 6 months old girl). I read all the replies and found this site so coool.
    I am a very friendly person and love to have lot of friends.I am a Physiotherapist by profession but after my elder one born I am a home maker ever after.
    I am basically from Tamil nadu but did my schooling from Delhi and college from Tamil nadu and after marraige too , been in mumbai , then in Delhi and few years in Canada and now for the past 3 months in Dubai.My hubby is a very career oriented person and also we both love travelling a lot, I guess thats what we have been doing ever since we got married. we like knowing people in every part of the world and learning new things from diferent cultures and places, and most of all trying out foods of all the places on the vegetarian part :-D .
    As about my kids my son is a lovely boy, very inquisitive and very adjustable and most of all a responsible brother to his sister. He is a swimming champ and loves most of the sportive things jus like his dad( he is a marathon runner).

4. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Hi My name is Louise,
    I have been in Dubai for some time now but have only just found this site! I have a daughter, who studies at the Indian high school. I am a working mom! Not very much to say, I am sure we will get to know each other better over time!:)

5. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Bhite, Soumya & Louise,
    Welcome to this forum. I will be very happy to start up discussions about various activites, multicultural environment in Dubai and so on.
    I am looking forward to your valuable contributions for the same.

Regards
    USHA

6. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Usha for the warm welcome.

Perhaps we should have some Dubai specific threads with topics like accomodation, children activities (I know I would be happy to find some interesting things for my daughter which don't include going to the mall)
    shopping.

Just some suggestions! :smile:

7. sowmyawe

sowmyawe New IL'ite

Thank u Usha for welcoming us in this forum,.................... as louis says, we shud know more about Dubai in her views too,........even I would like to know things in which I can engage my son actively and I invite suggestions from u ladies!

8. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi friends from dubai,
    my husband is getting a good job offer from dubai.but i am worried as i have heard that the cost of living is high in dubai.pls can u guide me on this issue before we make any final decision.pls also guide me about house rent & schooling cost etc,

9. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mahajanpragati,
    Regardsing your question on the cost of living, I am giving my comments for each major element:
    Rent of a 2 bedroom apt could vary from Dhs. 100,000 to Dhs. 120,000 per annum, depending on the area and the facilities. Of course very old building could cost slightly less.
    School fees again depends on which school you choose. Indian scchools cost about Dhs. 10,000 per annum. British / American Curriculum will be very expensive.
    Fuel and food are not expensive at all.
    Normally, the salary structure provides for housing and education paid by the employer for the senior managers.
    Please let me know if you have any specific queries.

10. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi Mahajanpragathi,

welcome to Dubai....

To my understanding of living in dubai, this is my reply to ur query ...

As far as apartments are concerned, the area u choose is important, based on the area prices can vary...

For ex: The rent of a studio flat in the area in which i live, is Dhs.35000 per year, whereas, the same type of accomodation is nearly Dhs.45000 to Dhs.50000 in karama area...

So, based on ur husband's workplace u can decide which area u want to stay in...

A huge share of ur income goes only for paying house rent, everything else is affordable and u will enjoy and feel at home living in dubai...

Cheers...
    All the Best...