Indian ladies meetup in dubai

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Dubai' started by directapply09, Feb 2, 2013.

1. directapply09

directapply09 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I guess its a meetup time for all the ladies…when and where is the next meetup in Dubai…..If someone is organizing please do let me know …else I can initiate the process alltogether….

Your views Please!!!!

Best Regards,
    Nikki

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Nikki
    Please go ahead and initiate fresh thread in IL Meet ups in Dubai.Hope u get good response .
    Btw , where are you from ? Working / stay at home , kids /no kids . pls share something about you
    More on hearing from you !
    Cheers

3. directapply09

directapply09 New IL'ite

Hi Shivani,

I am a mom of two…boys 11years and 7 years old…coming from canada but basically belong to delhi,India.I am working from home for a while…struggling to settle down here….major issue being the schools admission…we have arrived in the middle session and all the schools say no vacancy…..:-((

A bit lost until i know where to put kids in…they have been sitting home for quite some time now.sigh:-(

4. Shivani2009

Hi Nikki

Since how long you been part of Dubai ? I can understand your situation n for sure its not the pleasent one to be in. My suggestion would be not to restrict yourself to area in aprticular , keep all the options open with respect to the area and Curriculum. As kids admission would be mid Year, so at the moment its Beggars can't be choosers Situation. This Im sharing from personal exp, as I've always been a family on the move and majorly dealt with mid Year admission dilemma.

Please refer to this link , go through it , pick up the phone and check with all the schools. Commuting in Dubai is a minor hassel,effort should be to save the year.

Souqalmal.com

Hope it helps.

Feel free to touch base should you need any further asssitance

Be patient , new place new challanges, ones they're taken care , trust me you would love Dubai for what it has to offer .

5. Shivani2009

Thanks Bharat for coming forward to the assistance of fellow IL Member. Pls see what best can be done to help the lady in distress .

1 person likes this.
  6. ManpreetKaur

ManpreetKaur Bronze IL'ite

hi nikki
    dont worry, its just matter of time n u ll have lot of good friends. IL is a good place to start a conversation with fellow ladies and meet them. I happneed to have few good friends made through IL.
    And as far as ur kid's school is concerned, i agree with shiovani2009. She is right in saying that u need to save the year, so wherever u can get the admission for ur kid, just do it! next session onwards u can prepare well in advance and find a good school.
    BTW, i am manpreet, from delhi (rohini) and been staying in dubai for past 2 n half years.
    I am working n am Staying here with my hubby.
    hope to hear from u soon
    take care and all the best for schook hunt! :)

7. directapply09

directapply09 New IL'ite

Thanks guys…… :)

Well I am happy to know that I am not alone here…Now n then your posts are soooooo encouraging…Thanks Shivani ,Bharat and Manpreet once again…I am trying hard and getting calls for assesment…should be able to know by next week…will keep posting….

BTW any meetup's on the cards???

1 person likes this.
  8. jennyp

jennyp New IL'ite

hey nikki

lemme know when date is fixed:)

9. adwitiya

adwitiya Senior IL'ite

Hi Manpreet
    ive also recently moved to Dubai from Delhi Pitampura
    i have not made any frds till now in Dubai and have recently joined this group in hope of making good friends
    Do let me know if there r any meetups in near future cuz would like to join!!!

10. gunjannpal

gunjannpal New IL'ite

me too interested in meeting IL's .. i have recently shifted to silicon oasis a week back.. dont have any social circl as yet..