Urgent help required- delivery

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by Abdi, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Abdi

Abdi New IL'ite

Hello I’m a newbie with a problem and I would really appreciate it if I could get your help as I’m in a pickle.

I’m currently pregnant and delivery costs are not included with DH’s company insurance so I’m now looking for the right hospital to deliver DD via c section.

I know all hospital websites publish their delivery costs but from what I’m reading the actual bill people pay seems to be at least double that!

1. What is the average c-section cost right now in Dubai? Or specifically @ Medcare as this is my hospital of choice?
    2. Can you please help me with some hospitals that are most cost effective in terms of the overall cost.

I’m hoping to stay under 20k for the whole thing and I don’t think it will be possible ☹

Thank you in advance!!

2. Shivani2009

Shivani2009 Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

Hi Abdi

Hearty Congratulations !! I can understand the dilemma you're in at the moment , Would suggest , dont fret rather just sit back and relax, and Since you've put forth your query in IL, Im sure fellow IL members will provide their Valuable suggestions !

You're right , inspite of the detailed info on Various hospitals sites , the cost incurred is much more .
    I myself delivered in Dubai and in Welcare , and the total cost came to be about 32 , out of which , 20 was taken care by my hubby's insurance Co and the rest we paid , but somehow could manage to get it reimbursed .

If you're looking @ Private Ones , For less then 20k Guess You could try Al Rafa , dont know if they cover C section in it , YOu could check with them

Zulekha Hospital &
    Zahra Hospital

While you 're at it , Why dont you try Al Wasl too !

Hope the above info helps , do let me know shud you need more info !