Relocation from Kuwait to Qatar... SOS!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by ashvez, Jun 6, 2015.

1. ashvez

ashvez New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am Arshia. Recently my DH has been offered a Job in Doha in a reputed bank.They are providing 15,000/- QAR for housing.
    I have lived in Kuwait for 15 yrs. and I am a bit nervous to relocate . But, it's a good opportunity for husband dear in his career so want to support him wholeheartedly. Although , a bit worried as heard the cost of living is very high.
    The initial biggest & worrisome glitch of schooling is kind of sorted . My son will join year 8 with Sherborne & my daughter will start Year 5 with Doha College , West Bay campus. I am happy & Thank God immensely that they got the places in schools ( as it's a huge nightmare here) but unfortunately in two different schools hence I have to be on road most of the time.
    Would really look forward for any inputs on the following:-

1) Highly appreciate if anyone could guide me for which residential areas to look in, for housing ( preferably compounds) which would be a good mid point between the two schools In order to minimize the driving time. Which areas are good with school commute POV & good neighborhood . Any references of compounds or contacts would be so very welcomed. Really desperate here.

2) Is Sherborne a good school for secondary education ?

3) My children have passed Grade 2 ABRSM for Saxophone & Piano. They would definitely like to continue with their talent. Would like to know if there are well reputed teachers who would take classes?

4) How is the entertainment scene for Asians here?

5) Finally, what are good malls & parks in Doha? Do they have any Bazaars here?

Looking ffwd to get inputs from the lovely people here. And would love to make friends to have a great beginning in here, as I had a fabulous one in Kuwait.Thank you. Hugs.

Arshia.

2. ashvez

ashvez New IL'ite

Would highly appreciate any inputs . Really awaiting for some help! Thank You !

3. ashvez

ashvez New IL'ite

Still waiting .....bie1

4. ashvez

ashvez New IL'ite

Could anyone please suggest which compounds are good to stay in Waab for a family with one child 13 & the other 9. Thank you !