Discussion on Job Oppurtunities in Doha!

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by revathib, Nov 7, 2010.

1. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

I am starting this thread to discuss about the job opportunities available in qatar..

Hope many of us are well qualified and experienced but still couldnt find right job.... so lets discuss about jobs suitables and available for us...in this connection i would really appreciate if you could throw much light on your interest and as well as hobbies... so lets explore....

I would personally encourage our ils to come up with referral jobs... in case it might be be useful for others.. as cos, consultants, recuitment firms.

Please follow this format or add... so we can have an idea...no cv enclosure ....or name or contact addresss... or phone nos....its against il rules so our LC will edit... (Bhuvana, am I right)just highest qualification, additional qualification, exp, interest, hobbies, prefered timing and areas....do add if you find more...hope this thread will help atleast some...

lets discuss...

Revathi

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010

2. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Me First Me First :)

Revathi, thanks a lot for this thread!
    Here are my details:

Qualifications: B.E. (Electrical & Electronics), MBA (Marketing)

Additional Qualifications:
    Currently pursuing an Online MBA at BTH, Sweden;
    Proficient in MS Office,
    Possess basic knowledge on programming (C, C++, VB, SQL) [but have never used it on work]

Experience: 3.5 years in Marketing (last position held was as 'Product Manager' and was into brand management, pricing, packaging design, product management, promotions, competitor analysis etc)

Interests & Hobbies: Singing, Table Tennis, Internet, Writing, Cooking, Weight Loss

Preferred Timing: Would prefer if the work gets over before or at 5.00PM and a 5 days a week work schedule

Type of job preferred: Full time, Part time, At Home jobs.

Other Characteristics: Good grasping power, Open to learn and to keep myself updated on latest trends and technologies, Sincere in efforts, Smart on job.

3. anishakuruvilla

anishakuruvilla Senior IL'ite

Thanks Revathi my details are as follows
    Qualifications: M.A Communication
    Currently pursuing an M.A English Literature from Madurai Kamaraj University (distance education )

Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Pagemaker.

Experience: January 2008 to April 2010
    Hindustan College of Arts and Science, Chennai, India

Designation : Lecturer at the Department of Visual Communication.

Duties : Tutor, Mentor and Publisher of the college, Newsletter.

Subjects Taught : English, Advertising, Communication Skills, Media Organization,
    and Introduction to Visual Communication, Soft Skills, and Elements of Film Studies.

May 2007 till December 2007
    Converge – I Technologies, Cochin, India

Designation : Sub – Editor at news portal Kerala Latest News |Kerala Breaking News |Kerala Latest Headlines

Duties : Updating the news for the website. Coming out with regular
    features for the website

Additional Duties : Also took care of the Business Development initiatives of the
    company and was personally responsible for tie – ups with other players in the industry

December 2006 till March 2007
    Dot Com Infoway
    Designation : Content Writer
    Duties : Writing content for the film news website Indian Movies | Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bhojpuri, Malayalam, English Movie Portal – Galatta.com
    Additional Duties : Played an active part in the launch of their film magazine –
    galatta cinema. Contributed features for the magazine.

May 2004 till May 2005
    All Sec Technologies
    Designation : Customer Support Officer.
    Duties : Tele calling for Dell Collections.

Preferred Timing: No preferred timing

Type of job preferred: Full time, Part time, At Home jobs.

Competencies : Strong analytical ability with good communication skills and a team player.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  4. amruthakithu

amruthakithu Senior IL'ite

Hey Revathi....

Me next to PRSS....

Qualification: B.Com (Computer Application); MBA (HR & Systems) from Anna University, Chennai

Experience: Worked as a HR recruiter in a private concern in Chennai.

Interest and Hobbies: Painiting, Surfing

Job and Time preference: Full time, work from home and the Time preferred is Before or till 5 pm. 5 Days a week. (as same as PRSS)

About Me: Would love to learn new concepts other than my knowledge, Hard worker. Easy moving with people

Regards
    Amrutha

5. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Prss, thanks for the first reply...

lets discuss..

I am not an expert but will try to analyse where we can fit into and what they require from us...this is purely my point of view, would love to hear from you as well....any remarks said is to improve ourselves and move further... hope u all will support me in this regard..

prss, i think you must have worked in India.. in a good reputed firm wherein they produce, brand and all sorts of stuff done by the company.. but here we dont have such opportunities ....only few available like QP...have u tried all q/oil & gas companies...by the by marketing/sales like will have to travel a lot naa... are u basically prepared for that..(as a good friend, think about it twice) car licence becomes mandatory... how about ur arabic language... are u looking only like marketing manager sort of job or how... do update with this.. we can further discuss...
    (u can send ur cv to my id, lets try)

Revathi

6. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

HI Revathi, Good Initiative:thumbsup

This thread might help other ILites to know of the job profile, background and interest of those looking out for job opportunites. This might help us to refer any suitable person if we come across any suitable job openings...

I wish those seeking jobs, all the best. Hope this thread show some leads to those needed.

If I come across any openings anywhere, will surely share the info.

7. charvihema

charvihema Gold IL'ite

hai revathi
    thanks for open like this .
    all the friends get gud offer
    ur phone number change ? landline

8. Anamtvm

Anamtvm Silver IL'ite

Hi!

I thought I ll also update my qualification here since I been very unlucky till now with a job here.

Qualification: BTech Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering

Experience: 1 year in product design, 2 years in research ( mechanical design of pressure vessels, ASME BPE, ISO 9001 implementation,waste water treatment Cancer research, molecular biology and genetics)

Looking for : research based jobs, since my heart has more inclination towards research field.

Software proficiency:Autocad, C++,MATLAB, Microsoft Office tools,Very proficient in computer applications

Hobbies: Reading, Blogging, Writing, Crafts, Cooking, Gardening

Preferred timing: 7-4pm, and no shift based job

Others: Gold medalist In school and University

Ofcourse, I got 2 very good interviews here last month, but somehow i blew it off, or they werent interested, Dont know what happened, anyways, that incident just depressed me alot.

Anyways, just hoping I find somebody with similar profile here.
    and good luck to all those who are searching for a job

Regards

9. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

Revathi, thanks a lot for starting this thread.
    Following are my details:

Qualifications: M.Sc. Computer Science

Proficient in MS Office.
    Computer Languages: programming C, C++, VB, SQL and JAVA

Experience: 1 year and 6 months as a Administrator/Secretary

Interests & Hobbies: Reading books, browsing net and baking.

Preferred Timing: Would prefer if the work gets over before or at 5.00PM and a 5 days a week work schedule

Type of job preferred: Full time, Part time

Other Characteristics:

To work with an organization offering a responsible, challenging and creative work profile. A conductive work culture and a continuous learning environment, where my professional experience, academic credentials and technical expertise can be utilized and honored.

Rgds,

vijaya

10. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame