1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody from Schaumburg/Hoffman estate to provide information ?

Discussion in 'Indians in Chicago' started by Anusuresh, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Anusuresh

Anusuresh New IL'ite

Hello,

we are moving to Chicago Suburbs and prefer Schaumburg or Hoffman Estates areas. Since I am in Bangalore right now, I am not able to call few apartments to enquire availability even after browsing. Its difficult to just browse unless somebody who has been there give some information.

If anybody can provide names of few apartments they have lived or know anbody living in those areas and also public elementary school name, It will be really really great.

I hope to get those inputs asap as we are leaving bangalore in 10 days.

Thanks
    Anu

2. Anusuresh

Anusuresh New IL'ite

I am surprised that nobody is willing to provide some information.

3. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Hey Anu

You can try village in the park apartments. it has lots of indians and the community is also very nice. or versace apts..by the way try to go to the below sites and give the location name it would bring out all the apts list...

Rent.com
    apartments.com

good luck..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  4. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

5. Anusuresh

Anusuresh New IL'ite

Hi Saahitya,

Thanks for your reply. Can you call and find out for 2 bed availability in Village in the park apts and ask them the name of public elementary school. Here is the phone # Village In The Park • 1417 Valley Lake Drive • Schaumburg, Illinois 60195 Phone: 847-882-4220

I sent email,no response so far. I am in Bangalore right now and will leave in few days and I wanted to move immediately into apt.

I hope u can call them and post the message here.

Thanks
    Anu

6. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu

You can try to do an ISD call to them. However you can also try to check classifieds.sulekha.com website under chicago under apartment rentals section where you will find out people who are interested to sublease their apts with all the furniture etc...might be you have to pay some min. amount for the furniture...there are always apts available there so no worries. there is a holiday inn near by to that apt jsut walkable distance so you can as well check into that hotel and with in a span of a week you can complete the leasing process and the school etc..

please see the link below for school districts

Schaumburg C C 54 School District, IL - Schaumburg C C 54 County Schools in Illinois / IL

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  7. kika

kika Silver IL'ite

There is a homestead near Village in the park, where you can stay for short term.

Homestead is none but Extended stay america.

8. Vishaa

Vishaa New IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    I am not sure if I am posting in the correct forum, but not able to find any other relevant conversations.

I will be shifting from chennai to Schaumburg in a week. We have rented a house in the Lakes of Schaumburg apartments. I will be a stay at home mom to my 2.5 year old daughter.

Are there any of you here from the same apartment? If so, would like to get introduced. Also any help with daycares and playschool in the nearby area would be really great.

Looking forward to making some good friends here.

Cheers.

9. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Welcome to Indusladies and to Schaumburg. I am sure you will find many friends once you move here.Summmer is a good time to meet many families. Visit the woodfiled mall, Nature center and library to make more friends.

Preschoools start at 3 years of age. THe park district runs preschool as does the YMCA.

10. Vishaa

Vishaa New IL'ite

Thank you for the suggestions...

Jey likes this.