1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Required Tips for skin Care in Winter - Canada

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by samarsundari, Dec 8, 2010.

1. samarsundari

samarsundari Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

This is the first Winter for me in Canada. After coming here from India i am getting more pimples in my face and even my skin s getting dry. What cosmetics or cream can help to regenerate my skin and to avoid the pimples.

Need u'r help. Can u pls suggest some gud products to be used in canada.

Cheers,
    Sundari

2. prathiyankara

prathiyankara New IL'ite

Hi sundari,

Iam Bharathy even for me first winter in Montreal. I have lit bit different problem with my skin is iam getting redish if iam expose my skin in snow...

But for i suggest

Olay Regenerist
    Advanced Anti-Aging

It detoxifying pore scrub , it cleanse ur toxin from ur skin , iam using it , its gud..

Iam from chennai.
    Iam searching for a job here if any knows pls helps me out..i don't know french..

regards
    BarathyRaja

3. bittenkitten

bittenkitten Senior IL'ite

First off: never, ever go out without sunscreen. Even on the cloudiest days when you feel you can get away without it! Clouds block only a small portion of harmful rays, so you have to be vigilant and use sunscreen regardless of what your eyes tell you about the weather.

Second: I have extremely oily skin, but I find that it gets much drier in the winter. Yet, if I use only mattifying or water-based products, my skin suddenly turns uncomfortably dry. My solution is to use a water-based moisturizer under my makeup (I use BioTherm) during the day, and then a nourishing night cream: I use LUSH's Enzymion (LUSH -- Facial Care Products: Enzymion Moisturizer (normal to oily skin, breakout prone, acne)) over something to treat my occasional acne.

Third: If you use a toner, switch to a slightly milder one during winter.

Fourth: I find that my back, of all things, gets extremely dry. The multiple layers and sweaters and things also irritate my skin no end. I find that using an oil spray right after I shower really helps: Body Shop and Neutrogena both make one. If you can get your husband to rub it into your skin, all well and good. But if he's not around, no worries: just make sure you wear a thin camisole or undershirt so that the oil doesn't rub off on (and maybe spoil) your clothes.

Hope this helps!

4. samarsundari

samarsundari Bronze IL'ite