1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling to India - Child friendly Airlines ? Long or short stopover ?

Discussion in 'Indians in Bay Area' started by pshethrana, May 10, 2008.

1. pshethrana

pshethrana New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am looking for suggestions from anyone who has travelled with a toddler to India. I will be soon travelling with my 2 year old to India and want to know if you had good / bad experience with any particular airlines.
    Do you prefer long stopver like in Singapore Air or the shorter stopover like Korean / Cathay ?

Thank you,
    Parul

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Parul,

I find Singapore airlines to be the best when it comes to child friendliness and service. Yes the stopover is long, but if you book into the transit hotel in advance, then it is very manageable with a toddler.

Cathy is also good. I don't have an idea about Korean.

If you want to fly Atlantic , then British Airways is the best. Another kid friendly airline.

Jet Airways is starting direct SFO to Mumbai via Shangai. the stopover is very short. Try this option too. I have flown Jet domestic and they are also very kid friendly.

Hope this helps
    Vandhana

3. pshethrana

pshethrana New IL'ite

Hi Vandhana,
    Thanks for your reply. How old is your child ?
    I flew last year via Singapore Airlines when my son was 11 months old and we had booked a transit hotel which was such a relief. He slept and so did I. However he was in infant then and slept more. When I travel in Dec he will be 23 months old and wanted to confirm if I should still opt for the long stopover or not ? Have you flown by Cathay ? Do you personally prefer the long halt ( like Singapore ) or just quickly take the next connection ( Cathay, Jet etc) . I was considering Jet bcos I have heard good things ( only thing I had to decide if its not too tiring with a toddler to immediately catch the next flight - taken the fact they are irritable being restricted to one seat for 15 long hours in the first sector)
    Please let me know