Migrating to Melbourne with family. Need help and info!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by consultant, May 7, 2015.

1. consultant

consultant New IL'ite

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and this is my first post here.
    I am planning to migrate to Melbourne in 2-3 months. So I would like to have some information about the life, schools, daycare centres, work culture etc there.

1. I have a school going kid. How are the schools there?? I would like to enrol my kid in a school where indian kids are there. Are there schools just for indian kids?? What is the fees generally in the schools??

2. I would also like to find out about the day care centre like timings, price and if it is safe to leave the kids there for full day??? Are the people in day care understanding towards indian kids as I have heard that they don't take good care of the indian kids and are not very concerned about them.

3. Some one told me that as soon as we register in centrelink the government provides some financial assistance to families with kids..Is it true? Does the assistance starts immediately or does it take some time?

4. How is the life in Melbourne expense wise?? Is it very expensive...I mean what would be an average monthly expenditure as we would have to bring some amount with us till one of us gets a job.

If those who are living there can help me out with these info then it would be a great help to me.

Thanks
    Trips

2. SujataMohanty

SujataMohanty New IL'ite

Hi,

Due to some pending works instead of moving on 8th May, we are moving on this 5th June'2015 to Melbourne. Our ticket is booked and confirmed. So, if you can plan to come on the same time then we may get in touch if you would wish to share the accommodation with us. For confirmation, you may see the attachment of our flight details.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
    Sujata Mohanty

3. consultant

consultant New IL'ite

Hi Sujata

Thanks for your reply...but we would be coming most probably in August. In which area of Melbourne are you planning to stay? We would be definitely looking for an accommodation to stay either on rent or on sharing basis. If possible give me your contact no or mail id to stay in touch.

Be in Touch
    Regards
    Tripti

4. SujataMohanty

SujataMohanty New IL'ite

H Tripti,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it decided that you will come on August or it can be prepone to June? If you can manage to come on June then we may both manage to neutralize our initial struggle for an accomodation and safetiness of not being let out when our husband will be out for work.

Else can you refer any friends in Melbourne if they are interested to rent a room in their house or flat from 6th June.

You may send a private message so that I can share my contact to you as I am not avle to find to send u a pvt msg.

Kind regards
    Sujata

5. consultant

consultant New IL'ite

Hi Sujata

Sorry but I can't make it in June and also I don't have any friends and relatives there whom I can refer. When I will go I will search for a place to stay. I cannot send private message as I have not posted I think 5 posts on this site. May be after 1-2 more posts my private messaging will be activated and then I would send you the message with my no.

Are you planning to take extra luggage with you or just what is allowed on the airlines?

Regards
    Tripti