Hi all,

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by Suba1308, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Suba1308

Suba1308 New IL'ite

HI all,
    New to this forum, Iam from Chennai, awaiting the SA SS visa grant, submitted pcc last month.. My husband is the main applicant and we (me, husband and 10 yr old son) dont have any friends or relatives in Adelaide. Heard that finding job is difficult in Adelaide..So we are planning to visit SA for a couple of months and return back to India if things doesnt go well. Have few queries, what are the benefits of State sponsorship apart from 2 years visa? what is the time period for the next visit to keep the visa valid? Will the school admission be open round the year for terms? Kindly let me know the options for accommodations. Thanks Suba

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  2. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Suba,
    The benefits of State Sponsorship are the centrelink benefits as I heard someone say. I am not sure how medicare will work though. Since SA is the state thats sponsoring they expect the applicant to contribute to the state for a minimum of 2 years. That may include odd jobs or relative jobs. For Accommodation you could either share with another family or you could rent a hotel which will be expensive if its going to be 2 months. Look up gumtree for sharing accommodation. As far as I know renting will not be easy even if you show tens of thousands in your account. Once the visa is validated you could return till the date your visa is valid (PR visas have a validity of at least 5 years I guess) I believe school admissions will be open year round but not very clear on that sorry. Good luck with your visa.:)