Tips for new comers to Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by Ooviya, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My hubby had PR visa for Australia.. now he is in Aust .and searching job… myself and my daughter also planning to move… will u please clarify my doubts and share ur tips for new comers to Aust.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.what is proceedure for apply visa for us??
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2.What are all the formalities must be do??
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3.How long it will take time for get visa??
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4.Shall v move there on depentant visa or tourist visa Immediately??:thumbsup[/FONT]

2. mandeepsingh

mandeepsingh Junior IL'ite

Hi... hope u r doing gud.

The answers to ur questions are:

1 & 2 : You can either apply the visa offshore (in India) or onshore (in Aus). You must visit the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's (DIAC) website to see which particular visa you can apply. There is a very handy wizard on their website which asks you a few simple questions and on the basis of ur answers, let you know which visa you should apply. If you are applying in India, you may file the visa urself (online) or through an immigration consultant / agent. Initially you might be needing documents like marriage certificate etc.. and at a later stage you'll be required to undergo some medical tests and obtain a Police Clearance Certificate.

3: I think.. it all depends on how quick you are in submitting your documents. Once all documents are submitted, it may take around 1-3 months (i.e. when no processing is required from ur end). Having said that, it might take a lot of time for you to get the Police Clearance Cert. I don't know about the police in ur area, but my experience is that you have to get hold of them, and pursue ur case diligently. It will certainly help if you know someone higher-up in the department.

4: umm.. i didn't understand one thing... if ur husband is still searching for a job, why do you want to join him so soon ? What kind of jobs is he looking for, btw ?

Regards,
    Mandeep

2 people like this.
  3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot for ur reply... he is a s/w engineer...now he is in Perth... Attending interviews ...v hope he will get soon...My daughter is crying daily.. she is asking about her dad...maxi.next month v will start d process, it will take mini.3 months.. thats y i asked..

will u pls tell me, is any other documents must be provided otherthan marri.certificate for DEPENDENT VIZA??

4. mandeepsingh

well... i am not really sure abt the other docs that may be required.. but you can get this information from the Visa form that you fill up. In case you want to lodge the visa through an agent, he/she will surely be able to guide you about it. Else, you may approach the embassy or just have a look online. Hope things turn out well for you.
    Regards.

5. Flames123

Flames123 New IL'ite

Hi Mandeep - how is the job search going on for you? Any luck?

6. mandeepsingh

Hi Flames... The hunt is going on at a very slow pace. Not happy :(

7. mandeepsingh

Hi Ooviya... how r u doin?

Any progress on ur Visa... ?

8. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

no... after getting his job only...he told now opening are not more.. very limited ... may be next month will be start more.. what abt in Melb.??? where is ur family??

9. mandeepsingh

Hey...
    my family is in India... am staying with my brother. He's kinda well settled here... as he has been here for around 6 years now, so accommodation was not a problem... but job search is. Well.. there are vacancies in Melbourne... at least SEEK suggests so... but then... many employers require you to have Australian work ex. At least that is what I have been told by friends/acquaintances here. Another thing which is important, is to have contacts here. Again, this is something which I have not personally experienced. So just going by what people have told me. Lets see how things unfold. At the moment am just trying to concentrate on upgrading my skill set.. so that I can apply for more number of jobs.

10. preetsandhu

preetsandhu New IL'ite

Hi Mandeep,
    How u are upgrading ur skill set? Is it through Tafe.
    I live in Adelaide with my brother and reached by this month with a PR.

Regards
    Preet