More info on Kampala

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by sunayanpal, Jan 5, 2013.

1. sunayanpal

sunayanpal New IL'ite

Can anyone help me to know the salary range for a Business consulting profile at kampala ?
    Also whats the living expenditure (in $) per person if you are a non vegiterian ?
    How much you need to pay for your electricity bill (average usgae :100 units -100 kwh/month)?
    What are the prevailing industries and known companies in kampala?
    How is the company "Mehta group" at Kampala ?
    What are the items one should carry while comming from India except for cloaths & medicine?
    I had heard that Uganda is on eof the highest corrupted country ( reason may be poor socio economic condition)
    What is the frequency of Power cut ?
    Is local transport sufficient ?

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    if you chk this forum you will find many threads on kampala which will help you a lot...

otherwise ,Uganda is not that corrupt,atleast the 4 yrs we stayed there we never faced any such problem

power cuts are frequent but most houses have invertors,its not very hot so people don't need AC ,even fans are required only few mths a year(we never used any)

lots of Indians & Indian supermarket.....cost of living depends on the type of life style you have......

Ugandans are one of the most friendliest people I have met(and I do have experience of many other African nations....)
    still remember to treat everyone with respect be it your driver,maid,gardener or security guard of your compound.

local transport exist in form of bodas(motorcycle with one passenger as customer)very popular with Indians ,matatos(vans) not that much used by Indians & very few public buses(only in centre of city)

Mehta group is an old comany with interest into many areas & I believe mostly in sugar(but what is this Buisness consulting profile......)salary depends upon company to company,but Mehta group has many expats so much be within competitive range(juhi chawals' shubby belongs to this group jay Mehta)

3. Leopold

Leopold New IL'ite

Hello Sunaynapal,
    I read your message. It seems either you or your spouse must have got opportunity with Mehta Group! The message was put almost 2 years before. I want to know whether you took the opportunity? if yes, how are things?