family meet

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by Arabudupi, May 20, 2010.

1. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

inviting all the ladies...northies/southies/mallus/gujjus/punjabis....:wink:ALL the ILites of Abudhabi for yet another meet, this time with families. A few of our fellow ILites have been really interested and telling me to have a meet with families,:goodidea: I hope all of you show the same enthusiasm in showing up for the meet too. I feel we should have such meets at least once a month specially for the kids as they are mostly confined to indoors normally. :hide: Those who wish to come alone (if inconvenient for the spouse) are welcome too.. please dont feel that you're going to be left alone..

Planning it on next friday, the 28th..at 6 pm. venue will be Corniche area..:cool2: I'd request those attending to confirm by tuesday as food also needs to be arranged and hence need to know the exact number of people (including kids) attending. Like last time a minimum amount shall be collected from each of us.

So block your diary for 28th and post asap. get ready for the :party

2. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

i will be there with my family...sure its going to be an interesting meet this time..

3. ranjuz

ranjuz Senior IL'ite

Hi dear AU,

First of all let me appreciate u for ur INVITATION TO ALL WITHOUT ANY NORTH INDIAN/ SOUTH INDIAN DIFFERENCE...:clapGREAT.. THAT SHOULD BE THE SPIRIT...:thumbsup

count me & Easwar too for the meet. Sometimes manni may also join.
    Waiting for other responses..

4. laddubala

laddubala Gold IL'ite

I will also be there with Bala and Shreeram. Thanks for the invitation Vidhyaji.

5. ambs

ambs New IL'ite

hi vidya

I AM ALSO INTERESTED..TO COME ..WILL BE THERE WITH MY FAMILY...

6. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

hey girlsss... nice to see the prompt replies.... where are otehrs????

7. sofiz

sofiz Senior IL'ite

Good to have a family meet. Thanks for the initiative, dear Vidya. I'm not sure if my husband 'll be able to come.. Anyways, I'll try to join you with my kids (aged 1 yr & 3yrs 10 mon).

About the North-Indian Ilite meeting - I'm sure they're not trying to avoid Southys. It's just that all our meetings are full of Southys and most of the participants are most comfortable speaking Tamil, which may not be entirely comfortable for Northys. We Ilites shouldn't feel it unfair. It's just a group of ladies trying to find like-minded (same language speaking) friends. I am sure we all can understand that, right?

And if some of us Southys like to meet the Northys, we might as well just walk into that meet too, huh :)

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  8. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hi girlzzz.. looking forward to more responses. nandini/Ranjuz/laddu.... nandri for the confirmation.

Ambs...great to know that you'll make it with your family.. Aaja yar, bahut din se nahi mile...

Sofiz.. glad that you'll come too.. The meets we have are meant for ALL the ILItes irrespective of the place they come from or the language they speak. It's just that everytime southies turn up the most and I'm really glad that they take the interest to come and meet everytime we organise a get together. It's natural that they tend to speak in their language when they find people from their region. Few ILites from other regions have also attended our meets. It's also natural that ladies form sub groups once they get to know each other, I think we shouldnt bother about that. The ultimate aim to to meet once in a while n have a good time. So forget the north-south east-west differences.. and come for a gala time..

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  9. velan

velan New IL'ite

hai vidhya,laddu.nandhini,sofiz,gaya,ranju,ambs

Hello everybody i also interest to join this meet. I am counting that day.

All are take care see u sooooooooooooon!

with love

yasologu:cheers

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  10. sumisen

sumisen Senior IL'ite

Hi Vidya
    Nice to see there is another meet. But unfortunately Indian school is having their presemester exams during that time.
    I will be attending definetly with my family if it is the week after. ie., 4th June. But 28th I could not make it. So may be next time.

All the best for a nice meet.

Sumisen