Indian Ladies in Abu Dhabi - meet here!

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by desertdiva, Jul 5, 2007.

1. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hi...New in Abu Dhabi

Hi Smriti,

Welcome to Abu Dhabi & IL both.

Its only a mater of time when you will be at home here. Abu Dhabi is a lovely place to be in..

Do let me know if you are seeking any info.

2. smriti79

smriti79 New IL'ite

Hi Daffodil,

Thanx 4 ur reply....need some help on the following issues,pls guide:

1.Since Karvachauth is nearing,is their any place in Abu Dhabi wherein their is a gathering for the Pooja done on the day by ladies?

2. I am staying near New Etisalat,is their any good parlour near by which is a walking distance from my home?

3. Is their any Indian Community here wherein all the Indians gather to celebrate the festivals like Holi,Diwali etc?

4. which is the best and economical place to shop specially clothes?

These are the only few thing that are bothering me right now.Rest I will bother you later.

Thanx & TC
    Smriti

3. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Re: New to IL

Krupa,

Check Sana & Red Tag at Najda St .. there is a shop at Madinat Zayed Shopping Ctr as well for all kinds of lingerie.

4. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Smriti,

New Etisalat is the one one the Airport Rd, if Im not wrong..
    I think there is a lady called Kusum who operates fm her residence at Electra St..somewhere opp to Caravan Restaurant.
    Check this thread for more info on parlours
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indians-in-uae/23113-beauty-parlours-at-abu-dhabi.html

There is ILA (Indian ladies Association) where they celebrate all festivals & occasionally other events as well
    Welcome to New I.L.A. Abu Dhabi Website
    There is also an Indian Social Centre at Mina Rd.6772225, 6772690, 6655201/2

Shopping for Clothes
    For kids.. try Babyshop at Airport rd or the Lulu outlets-Hamdan St, Al Wahda Mall, Khalidiya Mall or Sana at Najda St, Max at Hamdan St
    For yourself check..Redtag at Najda St & the above outlets as well ex Babyshop.

Let me check on the KarwaChauth & come back to you.

5. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

Re: New to IL

Hi Daffodil...i just want to know...from where can I get good cotton material (like Hakoba) or others to make Kurti Tops as m bugged wearing the western stuffs and I really don't have anythg gud in Indian to wearDrowning..I had plans to go to india in november but it is highly doubtful now...Please suggest me one or 2 shop names and also a tailor to stitch..I have gone through the posts of tailor...but so many names are mentioned there. and i am confused ...if u can suggest me one name like Sunita Beaurty parlour..i will be so thankful.

6. ashvez

ashvez New IL'ite

Happy Eid & Happy Navratri to all!!!:)

7. smriti79

smriti79 New IL'ite

Hi

Thanks for all the information:),but the ila site is under construction,is their any contact no of this association to enable me to contact it to become a member.

Tc
    Smriti

8. rajiseshan

rajiseshan New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I am Rajeswari staying in Khalifa street Abu Dhabi. My son is 5 years old interested in music. Looking for teacher to teach carnatic music or instruments like key board...

Is there any sloga classes like the balavikas (Chinmaya mission) conducted in Abu Dhabi

Is there anyone/any institute conducting chess/carom classes in a professional way.

If anyone knows please help with their names and contact no.s

Thank you ......Rajeswari

9. indigo

indigo New IL'ite

Hi, I am now a stay home mom of 6 yrs old son. I live in khalidiyah area. Would love to make some friends who have kids. We were looking for a flat in Mussafah and khalifa city. But there is shortage of flats even there and the rent is very high. Decided to stay back in the old flat and pay the increase in rent. Less hassle. I would love to meet everyone some day. Let us know about the next gathering.

10. tom&jerry

tom&jerry Silver IL'ite

Hi laxmi,
    Frist sorry for late reply.Here i am staying in electra st. near janata bank.My childern are in 7th and 5th class In our own english high school.Iam house wife taking art & craft class for ladies and childern. Now a days busy in dasara pooja. Wating for reply.

Suvarna.