Our very own LIBRARY

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by kperiwal, Jan 10, 2010.

1. kperiwal

kperiwal New IL'ite

Hello Frens :)

I did some googling and searching thru different Forums to find a Library here in Abu Dhabi except for the public one.

I see there are not too many Libraries here. I love reading and am looking desperately for a Library to get some books. Could anyone help me out with some info in this regard. Also do they sell second hand books around here. Would be greatful if anyone of u could share the details.

I got thinking last nite and had an Idea!! Why dont we start our very own Library. Nothing Complicated.

On the Monday of every Fortnight, each one of us could list down the names of the Books that we own right here. We could then post down our requests on the next day.

After this is done we could either do the pick up or swap thing on a one to one individual basis or we can have a Library Meet every once in a fortnight.

We all could get the books that have been requested and swap then. This would also give us an opportunity to meet more frequently and build up on our friendships.

and maybe if things go well and everyone's keen we could come up with some new ideas and take a step forward.

Please feel free to give suggestions!! Look forward to your participation.

Cheers !!:thumbsup

2. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Brilliant idea Kushboo... You seem to have a lot of ideas... very interesting...

I'l give you the list of books which I have now, soon. If you want something from that let me know. If all goes well, and the meeting happens in the Mall, then we can exchange books.

Keep up the good work..

Vishy

3. sansam

sansam New IL'ite

Dear friends,There are 2 good libraries in Abudhabi other than the one in Cultural foundation.First one is in Electra behind the pink Eduscan building.It is called Shaheen library.Tel.no 02 6768995.The other one is near the St.Joseph School.It is called Daly library.It is run by an English lady.Tel no 4464752.But they are open only on certain days at certain timings.Sunday 3.30-7.30,wednesday5-6.30,saturday11-1.30.I dont know if the times have changed now.Just give it a try. I have lot of old issues of Femina and New woman magazine.Any one interested in reading can have them for free or exchange.They are in good condition eventhough few years old. Bye and Happy reading.

4. kperiwal

kperiwal New IL'ite

Hey Thanx a ton for the Info.... will surely try the places and give the feedback..

:thumbsup

5. kperiwal

kperiwal New IL'ite

Dear Sansam,

I called both the places mentioned below by you. While the Daly Library was closed at the time, I was connected to a Voice mail and I have left them a message asking to get back to me.

I couldn't get through the number of The other library - Shaheen Library. Seems like the number is inactive. Do you have any other number where I can get in touch with them?

6. sansam

sansam New IL'ite

Dear Khushboo,I dont know why u didn't get Shaheen library on that number.They have a website www.booklovers.8k.com.Just see that for additional information.Do you have lot of books with you?Will you be willing to lend them for reading?By the way,my name is Jasmine and I stay on Electra street.Nice to meet someone who is interested in books.Bye.

7. sofiz

sofiz Senior IL'ite

I used to read a lot of books while I was in School. But these days, after the avalailability of so much reading material online, I seem to have lost my connection with books. It's true that reading a good book is so different from reading online, but having so much of material online for free can really distract you from books. If we have lots of book lovers, how about starting a book club.. Anyone interested? Are there any book clubs in Abu Dhabi?

8. sofiz

sofiz Senior IL'ite