Activities,Hobbies in ABUDHABI

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Abu Dhabi' started by summerysum, Apr 8, 2009.

1. summerysum

summerysum New IL'ite

hi frns!!i am in abu dabhi since a month..newly married.housewife.iam frm mumbai.ihad so many frns therei had a blast there so many places to chill out.iam gettin really boredDrowning here..i stay wid my sis in law,most of d time v chit chat ,cook,surf net or watch tv....or visit alwada mall.

plz suggest me sum gud places to hang out wid my hubby,theatres ,restaurants.gym etc...alsosuggest me a good parlour.i stay in hamdan street.the other day i visited a parlour..had a relly bad xperience ,the arab lady screwed up my :crazyeyebrows.
    I WUD LUV TO MAKE FRNS...who wont make me miss mumbai...

Lukin forward for ur replies...all u amazing ladies.!!!bye tc
    HAVE A GRT WEEKEND!!.:cheers

2. vishy

vishy Bronze IL'ite

Hi

Congratulations.. Wish you a Happy Married life.

Welcome to IL. Here you can make a lot of friends.

Marina Mall and Abudhabi Malls are good hang out places. You can easily spend around 3-4 hours inside. It has Theatres also. You can go to corniche area to spend a relaxed time or for a walk.

Vishy

3. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

Hi summerysum,

wish u a very happy married life..u can visit khalidiya mall too..there u don't forget to experience the 4d theatre..and other than cornich, u can go to open beach, i heard it looks like a Goa..and u can visit sheik zayad mask in mussafa, which is the 3 or 4th biggest mask in the world..before going there u must confirm whether it is openned for visitors or not..try desert safari, sure you will have a different experience..and coming to cinema theatre there are lot but i have visited only Elderado and if you want to watch hindi cinemas, u can go to national cinemas..hope u enjoy it..

hey!, you have lot of indian beauty parlours in AUH then why are u trying hard..varsh at Hamdan street operates from her residence next to standard charted accoutant bank and her no is 02-6722787, and sunitha in Electra street, hot bread bldg 02-6762608 and family beauty saloon, hamdan opp to Liwa centre 02-626039.

and regarding the restaurents our ILites are already discussed about it before..so you search ' restaurents in abudhabi'..sure u will get good restaurents there..

thanks and you to have a very nice week end,

cheers,

nandini..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hi summerysum,
    WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY MARRIED LIFE
    how are you doing
    i am also from mumbai(mulund) , what abt you , initially when i came to auh 6 months back i also missed mumbai a lottttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    but now slowly adjusting and thanks to indus ladies bcoz of which i have made many good friends and we do meet each other quite often , so keep posting and after you finish 50 posts we can also send private messages where we can disclose our email address and phone nos to each other . As my dear friend vishy and nandini have mentioned malls etc are good places to roam .Do not feel lonely at all there are lot of mumbaikars in this forum .
    take care
    god bless you
    regards
    rupashruti

5. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

:hiyaHey!, rupa mumbaikkars vandhutta engala marandhuduvingale!!..How is ur daughter?..in which school she is studying?..week end enna plan?..

keep in touch..

Have a nice weekend..

bye

nandini

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  6. summerysum

summerysum New IL'ite

Thanku so Much Dear for ur Wishes!!!So nice to hear frm u all..
    Okay!iam frm Sion.(near S.I.E.S college)while My hubby is frm Bhandup.i was there for a week wid my inlaws Bhandup(Dreamz).
    we frequently hang out in Nirmallife style.(mulund).and R-Mall...
    Hope i too start likin this place..(AD)..
    with all u lovely ladies ..i guess it will happen soon...

7. summerysum

summerysum New IL'ite

Thanks Nadhini ,rupa ,vishy...for ur wishes..
    i cant express in words how happy i was while readin ur msgs.

sorry frns!! i am not frm Hamdan street..i stay in airport Rd.very close to Alwada mall..Sorry For The Blunder>.(hope u wud xcuse me ..as am new 2 this place)..

So,if u cud assist me wid any parlour close to my house.coz if iam not wrong it will take 20-30 mins to reach hamdan street frm my place..

So far,i have visited alwada mall,ikea shop,Last weekend we went 4 desert safari in Sharjah.i also went 2 chettinad restaurant..food was amazing..

i luv wearin western clothes..i got sum top frm splash and max..and sum frm sharjah..My husband wans me to get salwar kammez and saree frm here...If u cud assist me with that too.it wud b very helpfull.
    i find only burqa and long gowns here...

so wat are ur plans 4 this weekend..i mite go 4 my visa stamping.and may b for the movie"2 fast and furious"seems its good..iam waitin to watch tamil movei "AYYAN".my hubbys cousins wil b here for EASTER..
    Advance Happy Easter" 2 u all

THANKU 1CE AGAIN FOR UR QUICK REPLIES!!!!Thanku soooooomuch:bowdown

8. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

Hello from yet another ILite...Happy to see you here, I think you are the juniormost here, newly married...and I'm exrtra happy as you happen to be my neighbour.. I stay very close to the Wahda mall too..

There's a parlour close to my place, walkable distance for you too named Ricky's.. Its close to the Adnoc service station after the signal. I normally go there for eyebrows only but they are professionals. Think the rate is slightly higher than the normal salons. I could help you with shopping of indian clothes coz i personally prefer indian dresses though I have to wear formals for my office. Theres Chachoos where you get party wears (near madinat zayed), I've purchsed a few times from there. For cheaper casual salwars theres KM Trading in Madinat Zayed, Salam st.. Lulu in wahda mall has indian dresses and saris but too expensive.

Hope to see more of you here ...Wish you have a good time with your cousins and have a great weekend..

9. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hi nandini,
    ongala epdi marakamudiyam , my daughter is in leens and now in kg 1 , so weekend i have to buy bags etc for her as her school reopens from april 13
    regards

rupa

10. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hi summerysum
    how are you
    good to know that you have started enjoying here in auh
    hey after marriage iwas in mulund , basically from dombivli , studies and all in dombivli
    regards
    rupa