regarding luggage

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Abu Dhabi' started by vathsala30, Oct 18, 2014.

1. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

My son has got a job in AbuDhabi and is going to shift there shortly with his family. i want to know whether they can carry a rice cooker, some vessels , and some food items like masala powder , sewing machine with them .or in the Airport the personnel objects and may seize them ?

2. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

Hi.

See, luggage limit will be 30kg per person. So weigh your luggage , and pack accordingly. clothes it self may weigh half of this. vessels / cooker you will get here, masalas also available.

regards
    resmij

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I got a forward recently that some masalas are forbidden.....it would be a big case if they take them and would be in a lot of trouble and a case would be filed. I do not know how far it is true.....they were especially mentioning about Supari and Khash and khash which is used in Indian cooking. Better enquire thoroughly before carrying these things. Why take risk?
    Syamala

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

-

--

--

__._,_.___

[HR][/HR]
    [HR][/HR]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. vathsala30

thank u resmij for guiding me. they are having an infant too. but dont know whether customs personnel allow them to carry baby food like nanpro and nestum coz recently one person was carrying khus khus which is used in sweets in India but in Dubai they put him behind bars stating that it belongs to narcotics . Since for the first time they are travelling to gulf country and their rules are strict , i am very much worried abt them

6. vathsala30

you are absolutely right syamala, before packing our things we must confirm whether we can carry them with us. I will try to find out whether they can carry sewing machine , electric cooker and some necessary vessels with them . Masala powders ofcourse i will ask them not to carry with them .

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

They should be putting out their suitcases and packing and readjusting way before they are going to leave. Weigh and readjust. Trust me.....they will be jettisoning lot of stuff if they do that. 30 kg is not that much. Remind them they are not going to the moon. I personally hold with the thought that I can fit in anywhere and not be attached to few foods.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vatsala,

khus khus is a banned item in the gulf countries, so you cannot carry it. rice cookers of many brands are easily available there. i would suggest looking into what is required. you can take masalas well packed but not as hand luggage. you can carry medicines along with prescriptions if you are taking in larger quantity.

you get almost everything there. if it is within november/december maybe a few more warmer clothes for teh baby as it can be colder there. you do get nanpro and nestum there. if you do need you can take them. they are not banned as far as i know. but diapers, baby food is something that is easily available. so use the weight that you are getting in a better way.

9. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

Hi ,

baby food you can carry as hand luggage,

carry some cerelac, hot water in flask , mixing bowl and spoon you take , keep it neatly in baby bag.

and I get - pickles from home, jaggery-gud from india, as I don't like the one available here, but pack it properly, leak proof, put in plastic covers, so that no mess it makes at airport, but only as luggage.

Rest anything you can buy from shops here.

happy packing an d moving.

10. vathsala30

. thanks for guiding me, Tashidelek. Son is going there first and after joining the duty and finding a house , he wil come back and take DIL and the child. so by tht time he will come to know about certain issues and accordingly he can do the needful.