Block Printing / Screen Printing

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by swathi1, Mar 2, 2010.

1. swathi1

swathi1 New IL'ite

Hello,

I am Swathi, working as a software engineer in Visakhapatnam and am interested in starting a block printing unit from my home.

I am looking for help on how to go ahead on this, If any of the members are already experienced in this domain, please help me.

I am mainly looking for information on :

1. How to establish one
    2. Wht are the costs involved
    3. Can I get any training in this field etc.Preferably in Vizag

As I have a full time job I want to start first from my home and slowly move on to this and work full time on this..

2. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear swathi,

You are already having a profession. You must be very busy with your work. The screen printing and block printing needs lots of labour and personal care and interest. Without any prior coaching how will you manage. I went a two day coaching in chennai on this recently. Even then I am having so many doubts. First find whether there is any coaching centre on this in your area. Study about what you want in detail through internet and other sources. Then decide. Dont think that I am discouraging you.

ganges

3. swathi1

swathi1 New IL'ite

No Not at all... thank you for your advice. I do understand that it is a very tedious process . I am already in the process of finding more information in all reaspects on this.....

My husband has a very demanding job so I am planning to quit my current position and do something from home. since I am interested in this I thought of taking up block printing as a full time vocation.

Coming to training ....there are very few options here in vizag. I have to join for a 6 months course which I am also planning to do....

Do you have any good learning resources i mean any books or websites or anything on the printing process that you can share

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  4. letmelivemylife

letmelivemylife New IL'ite

HI Swathi,

There is Institute Archanaa Academy- they r offering 2 days courses.
    U can have the phone no. from TV ( DD Malayalam).

Hope this help u to have an..:idea

:thumbsup

5. lathasaravanan

lathasaravanan New IL'ite

hi

i have also seen the ad given by the archana academy. did u attend the class.what do u feel about it. can anyone do things well once they finished the course. what i am asking is can anyone be able to start the business on their one. shed some more light on it pls.
    thankyou
    latha

6. rama_mani

rama_mani Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Last week only i have attend the class. Class is ok. I too tried to make print. It comes nicely. But before do business we have to be confident about our print. We have to do practise. That is the only thing. "Practise make a man perfect"

7. gaia

gaia New IL'ite

Hi,

Do you know of any such institutes in Pune who teach block printing? I have learnt it from RTDC, Bangalore but still have queries.

Thank you,
    Sarika

8. Nimider

Nimider New IL'ite

Dear ganges and rama mani, Iam nimi indusladies' newmember.i am planning to go to chennai this month on 19th.will b staying only for 4days.Iam interested in learning block print course.saw ur msg tht u both have attented the course for 2days.Can u plz tell me where the place in chennai and its information.,if u have the phone no too!.hope to get the reply soon .thanking you,nimi

9. valarmadi

valarmadi Bronze IL'ite

ya correct ''Practice make a man perfect''
    even i have finished course in archana academy in chennai.
    are you doing it as a buissnes?

10. india4g

india4g New IL'ite

guess by know, u might have already learned this art, if not you let me know, i am currently in vizag and can help you on this.

dnot forget to quote indusladies, else i cannot remeber u... Indusladies a great place to exchange thoughts

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012