Confused on starting a business

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by manasa_gs, Jan 12, 2009.

1. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

HI Ladies,
    Iam working in a MNC for the past 3 years. I donno y, i have started disliking working under someone, and i hate this travelling. I want to start a small business on my own, i have few ideas. But i have few problems in it.
    Please guide me on this, my marriage is fixed. It will be in the month of April. Mine is a love marriage, so i can convince my guy if i really need it. But iam really confused if this is the right rime to start somethg.bonk

Also if we keep postponing thgs like this, then we will never end up doing anythg.

Please help me with this.:bowdown

Thanks in advance

2. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Manasa,

First of all congratulations on your idea to start a business. Given your circumstances, my suggestion would be to sit back and enjoy this time before marriage and also enjoy marriage as you get into it.

Starting a business at this point in time will only increase your stress level and others' around you.

Instead I would say you can use few hours everyday to do some homework on your business idea, collect information, talk to people who are into similar or business etc. and enrich your knowledge & assess your idea. After marriage, when you have the time or when you think you are ready for business, then get in.

Congratulations on your wedding & enjoy your days. :)

Cheers
    Jenz

3. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Hi Jenz,
    Ur ideas are similar to mine. Yesterday after breaking my head, i also ended up with this plan. Plannign to do some homework and collect lot of information. I will definitely let you know once i have decided. :)

Thanks so much for your wishes. :)

4. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

Hi,

Did you make any progress? DO let me know

5. telugubidda

telugubidda New IL'ite

hi raosh ,wat do u do?

6. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

I am into IT workign for a MNC.

7. manasa_gs

manasa_gs Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    Iam back after a long time....and now i have finalklky taken a decision...
    iam happy to let u all that i have decided to put my papers in my current organization and start working on my business plans..

right now i dont have much finance, so starting with a very small investment...
    i have not even decided what iam going to do, but i am going to take a risk, i am yet to have a kid, so if only i can take a risk now, i cannot think of it, if i get a kid for atleast few years....

going to start with my homework for my business, people who are already into it, can you all let me know what are the initial steps to be done, i will let you know my plans in my next post.

8. Bharu

Bharu New IL'ite

Hi Manasa,

I am right now undergoing what you were facing 2 yrs back :)

I too work for an IT company and planning to start a business. I am married and undergoing treatment to get pregnant.

So let me know how is your business going.

Ladies looking for your tips :)

Regards,
    Bharu

9. Bharu

Bharu New IL'ite

Looking to hear from you ladies