Request to act as Distributor in Amway products

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by Pratts, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hello All,

Recently, I have been contacted for joining as the distributor in Amway products.. As I am homemaker now, i thought this would be a better option rather sitting idle.. However reviews about the organization is not on positive notes..Reviews i mean the strategy they adopted for selling the products..Also ,Few years ago, when I was really small i remember all my uncles and aunties did this job of selling the products.. I am basically not interested in selling products and getting money out of it and i dnt want to get involved in such..So i wanted to know if business in amway is of any use? In terms of money and also reputation.. Need ur suggestions before giving a commitment..
    Thanks in advance..

2. chandrakiran

chandrakiran Silver IL'ite

Better stay out of it..!
    Many who get into this don't make much money and end up having to purchase Amway products for self use all the time because they are into it.

Some people do make money, but that's only for people who can talk well and sell these items and also are extremely lucky.

3. AnkithaP

AnkithaP Junior IL'ite

Pratts, This amway business is like a "salesperson" job . Do you want to pay money & become a saleswomen ?

Better stay away from such MLM [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]business. I have already lost lot of money, this is my experience. [/FONT]

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Yes I too agree, stay out of it, it will be of no use for u in any way.

i read few months back, amway ceo or some top level guy who operates business in India got arrested, looks like some thing in this kind of business is not legal in India.

5. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

i had a very good friend of mine, who joined amway... because her DH wanted to do it..... post that whatever conversations we had, would end up in she telling me that i should join too......and how better situation she was in compared to me...all because of amway.....it was getting too much for me to handle...and slowly i moved away from her.........so reputation wise you understand how it is......

6. bharathivignesh

bharathivignesh Bronze IL'ite

The concept is funny. You have to catch hold of 5 marketing guys. They will in turn catch hold of 5 each, and they 5 each...............the growth goes like this.

It is so tough to catch hold of 5 people. I have seen people here getting into trouble due to this Amway marketing. I have never seen any one making big money, as claimed by Amway.

7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

stay out of it, haven't heard of anyone making money of it and most friends will distance from you if you try to involve them.

8. shrivni

shrivni Silver IL'ite

Please stay away from it. . .I heard of some fraudulent cases against amway

9. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

As the more people u join into it, u get some commission.
    And the amway products are not what we use on regular basis, I felt.

We too got approached 10 years ao, he came to home and explained the process, after he left , I did my research and decided not to join

They try to attract h4 people, as they can't work outside.

10. Pratts

Pratts Senior IL'ite

Hello All,

Thanks for the reply.. I require one more help from u all.. last saturday they visited our home as it was already planned.. even before they starting i told them clearly that am not interested.. but still they said that they will meet us.. i did not feel right and so we invited them home..
    they are basically very nice person to mingle with.. so i dint want to hurt them by mis treating them.. they tried their level best to convince and we also made very clear about not involving.. their trick is to give a cd and arrange for a meeting in order to get the cd back..
    so i need some tips to avoid them in nicer way.. so plz tel me how can i make my point clear and tel them No in a nice way..