in dire need of of business suggestions please read and help

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by swekiran, Mar 27, 2014.

1. swekiran

swekiran Silver IL'ite

hi friends,
    I am an engineering graduate.mother of a 2 year old. i live in a village 20 km from town. as i am born and brought up in hyderabad have regular trips to the city.
    i am interested in jewellery making and soft toys and other handicrafts but have no idea how to market them and how to start up the business.
    i am planning to make them as part time job initially and extend it gradually.
    please suggest me how to start up the work or any other ideas that i can do taking my life in village as an advantage.

2. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Swekiran,

First of all wish you all the best.

I would suggest you make a collection first. Then photograph them and they are a lot of online portals where you can post them for a fee. You can browse and get the names of these. In most of the cases you will have to share some percentage with them.

But this is the best way to do this.

Regards
    Uma

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister Swekiran,

:welcome to IL family

CONGRATS on the thought, A way which could make your creativity build stronger, spend time usefully, stand independent too.

As Suggested by Sister Umaakumar, you need to have sample of different kinds earnestly made for display, have short notes of them, since you commute to City - Hyderabad, make it a schedule, visit prominent shopping area, talk to small timers, take a space and have your products display and share a commission with them for every sale made.

The days you are back home, keep producing better ones, first focus on one product may be jewellery which you have hands on and better confidence, may be lesser investment on raw materials.

Interestingly, as you are commencing have a BRAND name and work on it from the scratch itself,

After couple of months effort or may be year or so you can have a small space rented out for your ownself and promote your brand.

Best wishes, Do update, May Baba guide you always, Sairam

1 person likes this.
  4. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swekiran

1.Make a collection first.. Then create a catalog.. Upload it online sites..

2.Wear your handmade jewelry to parties,functions and also to your kid's school functions(once he/she joined ;-) ).. these are all free advertisements for your products...

3.Talk to near by schools,colleges and arrange a stall..

4.Gift your products to friends...

5.You can make a product display in beauty parlours ,tailoring shops in your village and in near by city...

All the very best dear...