How to approach IT companies to put a stall

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by swathiiyer, Jan 28, 2014.

1. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hi

Came to know that some IT Companies allow to put up stalls.. Will like to know the procedure to approach them.. I sell materials from home and im put up in Bangalore.. if anybody know about any such companies and also know how to go about, please help

thanks in advance
    Swathi

2. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Usually, IT companies prefer to come through NGO's to putup stalls.
    You can try through Office admins, HR contacts.

Other thing is , you can advertise in IT company Internal sites(through Employee).

You can try in ECO space food court (opposite to Belundur in Ring road ) . Cadence,accenture,Intel,ANZ,broadcomm n many more companies will come for Lunch there. You can talk to food court manager there. I see few stalls on friday's.

Other place is, ITPL . Opp HDFC bank. you may need to pay for the space on daily basis.

Best of Luck..

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  3. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hi Vemala

thank you so very much for the info... Will try reaching out to these people

thnks
    swathi

4. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

You can contact the IT Companies Facilities Department Manager for stalls, but whatever you do it should have some social cause then only they allow.

5. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Can u please explain about the social cause? I dont have any idea about this..

Thanks in advance
    Swathi

6. Vemala

Vemala Gold IL'ite

Usually, IT companies supports Orphanage centrees,old age homes n blind children assoc etc. These were usually run by NGO's. The money earn through these stalls partially shared to them for uplifting their lives.

spastic society is one of organization in bangalore ,which work for these causes.

7. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Social cause means, the items you are selling would have been made by some disabled and you are selling those items. Even selling Jute bags are also public awareness, you can say I save plastics. Or you can tell, part of this income goes to some orphanage or part of this incomes helps poor people education. In that way only you can attract IT people.

If this is not your case, if you are doing just business, buy and sell. You need to convince the Facility Manager to arrange stall, if your products are good and cheap they will allow you even if there are no social cause. It's all convincing the Facility Manager or HR Manager.

8. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

I have seen in my companies, some ladies come and put stall for tupper ware and jute bags, even some cosmetic items. I don't see any social cause in that business. But they were allowed to put stall, i think its all creating contacts and convincing the Facility Manager.

9. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much Vemala and Vjan for the detailed information..cleared many of my doubts..

10. ramyaganesh04

ramyaganesh04 Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    contact the Admin Manager, he is the person.
    just take the office number and ask them to connect to the admin manager, and brief him ... the communication is more important..