uncommon business ideas with low investment

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by pritulax, Jul 18, 2012.

1. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

As the tread subject suggests, I am looking for uncommon business ideas with low investment. I have previously worked with IT major for 7 yrs and after my sons' birth,quit the job and full time housewife. Now that they are bit grown up, I want to use my time and skill and earn some money. For this,I searched this forum for new business ideas. There were many posts on this which discussed the usual ideas like doing online jobs,selling garment,doing embroidery, making herbal products, selling home made food etc.

Due to the commonness and lack of interest in these ideas, I want fellow ILites to share other new innovative ideas that can be started with low investment. Ladies already successfully running such business are welcome to invite me into their business
    Waiting for numerous replies !!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.

2. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Since you were in IT , and still have contacts in the field... you can start a consultancy

3. sowjanya96

sowjanya96 New IL'ite

You can design some Google Apps or Mobile Apps for windows and android mobiles as you have experience in IT.I heard people earning some money by making such apps.
    You can also try online teaching .

As @amnilakshmi mentioned in her post,you can start a consultancy and can get small projects like designing websites or some java based applications .

4. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your suggestion but I really want to get away from IT,software and stuff......not my cup of tea. I am more creative and art loving person.

5. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

It depends on your interest .. As you say all the usual business are not of your interest then you need to write down your hobbies, your interests, your talents and then may be you might invent new ideas :)

6. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

Regarding my interest and talent, like i said, I am a creative person. As a matter of fact, I design my own churidar which my mom stitches for me. Also I am a very sociable person and I have way with words.
    So what are the business that map to my profile?

7. ramyapradeep

ramyapradeep Silver IL'ite

Form your last line "a very sociable person and have way with words" i can suggest the business i am in successfully. Its a Network Marketing Business.If interested I can share my ides with you on this further. WIth such an attitude I am sure you can rock in this business.

8. Veenapillai

Veenapillai New IL'ite

Hi ramya,
    Could u pls elaborate on the business model.

Thanks
    Veena

9. pritulax

pritulax Bronze IL'ite

I am interested so pls share your valuable business idea with me.
    thanks,

10. alishalloyd

alishalloyd New IL'ite

I think it will really depends on your passion and likes. Enter a career that you really love and surely you will be successful in this field.

a2boffice.co.uk

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012