Want to start a day care in bangalore

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by tripurakanthi, Jun 30, 2011.

1. tripurakanthi

tripurakanthi New IL'ite

Hi Ladies, :)
    IL has always been a great friend to me.. I was a part of Oct mommies 2010 and was greatly supported there... I request the same support again now from my dearest IL friends.. :bowdown
    I would like to start a new day care in bangalore.. I have a friend with me who is very good with kids and right now looking for business opportunities.. We already have 4 experienced(with babies & kids) personnel to work with us..

Having seen many options personally for my kid, i have decided we can come up with better, personalized care than what is available in the market.:spin

Here are a few points i have in mind..
    - daycare as well as after-school care will be provided.
    - extremely personalized care.. the ratio of caretaker to baby will be maintained to be no more than 1:3
    - Food will be provided as per baby's habits in a hyg environment
    - Timings: very flexible
    - Cost: Negotiable

Please provide suggestions on how i should go about the plan. Any points to note, concerns to consider, your experiences with good and bad day cares, everything and anything will be a lot of help..

Thanks in advance,
    Kanthi :bowdown

2. subhasini

subhasini New IL'ite

hi kanthi,

My best wishes to you ...In which area of bangalore you are going to start?

actually my opinion is don't provide food to the kids unless the parents wanted..
    keep more toys than other day care center...contact with a good pediatrician on call...you can provide milk with or without a health drink for after school kids if the parents like..giving food will add a burden to you ...also most of the parents do't like that...each kid will have their own food habit...ask the parents to give the food for their kids....keep biscuits ,bread and jam..also keep a good .chocolate ..bcoz in the initial days childern will cry...

give respect to each parents whether they rich or poor...in most day care centers they give respect to only rich peoples..so the poor one will feel bad..also they will speak only on the admission of kid...after that see that parents as an object only...if you want to bring your day care center in a good position then call the parents once in a week on phone and get their feed back...or once in a month meet the parents.....

the important one i want to say is,..most of the day care centers ,preschools even high school teachers and helpers give preference to fair kids only...mostly to north indian kids...one of my friends son...her is going to a preschool ...after month he started telling that he will not play with dark kids..he hates seeing dark people...he is just 3 yrs old...bcoz of the school teachers and helpers he is behaving like this...his parents are worrying....

all the kids same ....if the fair kid is saying like this means...imagine how the dark one's feeling...also they give preference to fair kids parents... actually all r giving same money only...also don't separate boys and girls...most of the day care center is doing this...let them play together...in my son's school they separated boys and girls...now he is telling that girls r bad i'm not playing with them...

1 person likes this.
  3. ramabai

ramabai New IL'ite

hi subhasini,

I am kanthi's friend we are planning to open it near marthahalli. Firstly thanks you so much, we will surely keep in mind all ur suggestions :) and thanks for letting us know ur experiences :). we make sure we take feed backs from parents regularly.

Do u think any other place would be a better option than marthahalli?.

Thanks
    Rama

4. subhasini

subhasini New IL'ite

hi,

marathahalli is best place...inand around many companies are there....also you can consider white field near ITPL,or J.P nagar...there are many IT companies are there....they really need a day care...select a house where there is very less day care centers...and there is many schools,pre schools and companies....

encourage healthy food habits....don't allow the kids to junk foods like "lays"

5. tripurakanthi

tripurakanthi New IL'ite

Hi Subhasini,
    Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.. Will surely keep all of them in mind.. We are in search for the perfect place in and around marathahalli, kundanahalli, aecs layout... Will keep you posted...

Thank you!
    Kanthi

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

One suggestion: when you are looking for a place for daycare, try to get one near a park. My daughter's previous daycare was near a park and everyday they used to take the kids to a play area near the park. All the kids loved it.

7. tripurakanthi

tripurakanthi New IL'ite

Hey Orion,
    Thats a wonderful idea.. Thanks a lot.. Still digging bangalore for the perfect place... Will keep this in mind too... !

Regards,
    Kanthi

8. NAUREENJAAN

NAUREENJAAN New IL'ite

hey ppl even am thinking to open a pre school bt hw do i get the license for it.pls help.will b waiting

1 person likes this.
  9. twink

twink Silver IL'ite

430535_3478782532931_1186223851_n.jpg this is a furniture idea.. kids will love it

2 people like this.
  10. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,

All the best for your venture. Hope you reach your goals and achieve your dreams.