1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unforgetful wedding

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lathaaakkumar, Jul 2, 2011.

1. lathaaakkumar

lathaaakkumar Bronze IL'ite

My wedding was a traditional Hindu marriage and took place at Tirupathi.My husband and me belong to Chennai.Ours was an arranged marriage in the sense the alliance came through proper channels,both of us met and fell in love and then my parents started objecting saying they were not happy with the proposal for various reasons.Both of us were adamant and my parents had no choice but to agree.For him on the other hand he was the only son and had lost his father at an young age.His family was very small,but he had a large circle of friends.It was a wait of about four months before the wedding.Those four months were the best part of our lives and we spent all our time together.I was not even aware of what my parents were buying and never participated in any of these affairs.I was in a world of my own and in elated spirits.Even the wedding sarees were all blindly selected by me.My parents were neither interested and were doing everything for the sake of doing.

Finally the much awaited day arrived.We had booked two buses one for the grooms family and one for us.We had to leave early as we had to reach before the groom in order to welcome them.I reached Tirupathi in a dream like state as in the four months of our courting period that was the only day we had not seen each other. Those days even if a bus had been booked entirely by us we had to board it only from Paris.My fiance with all his friends and the few relatives he had boarded the bus around 8.30Am.In the course of the conversation someone enquired about the colour of shirt my fiance had bought for the wedding.Only then it stuck him that he had not bought anything at all.The bus was in Mount road and traffic was not so heavy those days.He quickly asked the driver to stop,ran into a textile shop that was just opening picked up a shirt at random.We both were so involved in each other and all these missed our minds.It never stuck me to ask him too.

That evening I had to get dressed in bridal attire and then it struck me that none of the extra accessories were bought.Excepting for the hair do which is traditional of Hindu weddings and had been ordered at the chowltry I had no other extra fittings.And Lo I think I would have been the most simple dressed bride in the world.I was happy that atleast I had bought sarees and tailored the blouses inspite of my busy schedule{dating my fiance]

Even to this day whenever we look at the wedding snaps we have a hearty laugh looking at a bride with no bridal jewellery.We still have preserved my husband's wedding shirt which turned out to be all loose when worn for the wedding.My parents never had the guilt at that time that their daughter was not fully decked for the wedding which every parent would want to see.Sometimes now I jokingly blame my husband that it was because of him that I was not even dressed as a bride.He replies back saying that I can deck myself in all bridal attire for the sashtabyaburthi which is his 60th birthday.That too is celebrated as a wedding in Hindu custom.Again I think I will be the first old lady in the whole world to be in full bridal attire.

But our marriage has worked wonders and I proved to my parents that sometimes children too could be right in their selection.

6 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Latha,

It shows that the smile in your face must be equal to diamonds. Look at your wedding pictures again. You are wearing plenty of jewelery- "Smile". Your eyes must have been sparkling with happiness- "Diamonds.

So parents, don't waste money on gold and diamonds for your daughters. Make sure that they have smile on thier face after the engagement. That is enough.

Hope you continue to be happy. Best wishes.
    CL

2 people like this.
  3. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Ha ha, talk about being starry eyed about the wedding. ;-)

It was sweet reading your wedding story. I wish you all the happiness!! :)

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hi Latha, god bless you and your dear husband !!
    Your stong determination is the reason for your happily married life and I enjoyed reading every bit of your nice writeup dear !!

5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Cool write up dear..I enjoyed it a lot..

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

So sweet Latha... Your happiness on that day is worth more than the jewellery :)

7. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

nicely written thanks for sharing your wonderful moment with us

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lathaakumar,

By writing about your 'unforgetful wedding', you have now made another unforgettable gesture as it is being loved by ILites and has been nominated for July's FP. Congratulations.:thumbsup Now, congratulations also for a very successful married life.:)

I am sure your happy smile that lighted up your face on your wedding day more than made up for all the missing jewels.
    However, I wish a very grand and lovely celebration to you and your husband on his 60th birthday. God Bless!:thumbsup

L,Kamla

9. lathaaakkumar

lathaaakkumar Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kamla

Once again after my wedding I am in the same elated spirits today for being nominated in the FP.I really never expected it and I just poured out my heart of all that happened during my wedding.Thanks for your wishes too.Maybe in the next eight years I will post photographs of my old self in bridal attire in Indus Ladies..Thank You all for enjoying my post....Latha Kumar