1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vodafone ‘Thakadhimi’ on Asianet

Discussion in 'TV' started by manjumnair, Oct 12, 2007.

1. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    There is a new realty show starting on Asianet from tommorrow at 8.30pm (weekends) - "Thakadhimi" - The Biggest Dance Reality Show Ever , Prize for the winner Limousin car worth 75 Lakhs or Cash prize of 45 Lakh..

Vineeth, Lakshmi Gopalaswamy, and Gopika Varma are the judges.

Open to participants between the ages of 15 and 30, the contest will have different segments to test the dancing prowess of the competitors.

Similar Threads
    1. nehajagadeesh
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Senorita
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. kswati
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi all dance lovers on IL,

Vodafone Thakadhimi has started on Asianet today (13-10-2007) at 8,30 pm.
    Inauguration of the show was done by the judges of the show, Vineeth, Gopika Varma and Lakshmi Gopalaswamy.

First episode saw a number of good performances. Auditions were done all over the world and 70 contestants are selected out of 10,000 candidates.

In the show, each contestant has been given 3 performances and based on that, they will be either selected for the next round or put on waiting list.

In today's episode, there were 5 contestants :

Priya Bhaskar from Delhi : She performed so well. Real good movements and beautiful dance for the songs Oru murai vandhu parthaya, Badi Mushkil baba badi mushkil, piyatho se...(not sure about the lines). She is selected for the next round. :clap:clap

Arun T G from Thiruvananthapuram : His performace was also good.. He performed for the song Vasantha Mullai... and for another two beats...His third one was a kalarippayatu step..really good. He is also selected.:thumbsup

Swathi from Kannur : She performed for the songs 'am gopangam swaramukaram' and 'Thee pudichu thee pudichu'. The last one, I am not sure. But as she is not a classical dancer, her classical performance was not upto the level. She is put on the waiting list..

Chanjith from Calicut
    : He is in the selected list. Good performer..:clap

Veena Babu from UK : She is an international participant, from UK. Her dances were for the songs Nipuda Nipuda, Dil Laga na dil jale.., and Naari Naari.... She is also IN. :clap

So out of the 5, four of them are selected for the next round.

Tommorrow, there will be 10 participants...

3. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi manju

thanks for posting thakadimitha inagration details
    is the program telecasted tonight(14.10.07) also
    what's the time?

4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Suja,

Thakadhimi will be telecasted today night also at 8.30 pm on Asianet. It will be there only on the weekends.

5. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi Manju,
    I watched the programmed yday and I am awed by seeing so many talented dancers...!! Me being a dance lover and also a performer(during school and college,not now though) am really amazed...!!! I think seeing the movements of the participant who did Kalaripayattu (that too without any formal training) Vineeth was lost with words!!!!

Its really a good platform for the talented ones to come to the limelight and be noticed!!!
    Good going by Asianet!!!

Love,
    Jaya

6. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I too enjoyed watching both the episodes. Really its a classic programme.
    Judges are quiet knowledgable and make excellent comments on defects and improvements.

I like dance very much, but never able to learn during school days.
    Hence locked the channel for enjoying the fine moments.
    Don't miss it next week...

7. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Just now I saw this thread Manju,

Sorry, If I had seen this earlier I wouldn't have started the other thread. Anyway do you like the program ?

Love
    Latha :wave

8. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

Last week, the performace both solo and group were quiet excellent and very innvative.

During the weekend, nigth time is really reserved for this programme.

Moreover, the programme shares very different style of costumes, colour shades, accessories, music selection, dance movements and sringaram.

Me impressed by the music and dance fusion by the 2 girls last week.
    Waiting for today's programme...

Am sure the cine field and choreographers can earn a lot of talent pool from this.

9. ChiDar

ChiDar New IL'ite

Hi Manju ,

Whats happened to this thread...? Nobody is watching Thakadhimi Nowadays? Its become one good quality program now.. The diff themes the dancers come up with .. is absolutely amazing..!!
    Last week i saw it. Now there are rounds like, dancing with the stars, folk dance.One kathakali was there in dancing with the star round.. Then folk by shalini.

Hope this thread will be revived again..!!!

cheers,
    sujithra
    Computer Typing