1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sanskriti

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Devika Menon, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Sanskriti looked at the young beautiful lady in the train occupying the seat in front of her. The husband of the young lady was watching his wife with full admiration of someone besotted in love as she lulled her little baby to sleep.

As she prepared to sleep she very secretively touched Sanskritis leg and smiled. Sanskriti smiled back.

Sanskriti felt she looked just as innocent as she did, the first time she set her eyes on the girl.

She closed her eyes as she prepared to sleep. Her mind wondered back to about 4 years back when she was returning home after a late seminar with her husband. The dark road, she saw a girl running towards them."Help me" she said. The girl’s big beautiful eyes looked pleadingly at Sanskriti as she got ready to sit in her car. The young girl looked frighteningly scared as she silently pleaded for help. Prem looked at her too and then his eyes followed hers as she looked back at a few men who were running behind her. Prem knew there was some great trouble.
    The men approached them and then looked at Prem and Sanskriti as they came and stood in front of this girl and obstructed them from even looking at her. Those men stood like that for a few minutes and by then there were some cops walking past. Recognizing Prem as an ex commisioner the cops came by and began talking to him. Sensing trouble the men walked back rapidly. The moment the guys walked away the young girl hugged Sanskriti and cried uncontrollably for sometime. And after she was a bit calm, Sanskriti asked her to come home in the car. Somehow Sanskriti felt that there was something about this kid that could be trusted.

Once at their home, the girl walked frighteningly inside. Once in she was treated to a warm cup of coffee to soothe her jittery nerves. Once she looked relaxed enough to be considered comfortable, Sanskriti asked her what was all this about.

The girl explained, “Amma, My name is Aishwarya. I made the biggest mistake of my life by eloping with a man whom I had been in love since the past one year, much against the wishes of my father. My mother died when I was a child. My father did not like Vishwas and tried his best to make me see reason. Unfortunately blinded by love I did not agree and secretly eloped with Vishwas last week. He brought me here and then introduced me to some men claiming they were is friends and went away. He told me he has some outstation work and would be back, He never told me when he would or where he was going. I knew nothing then but later discovered that I had been made a deal of. I had been duped. Tonight I tried to run away and that’s when I met you. Despite repeated attempts last week I could not leave that hell. I have been used and abused over the last week .I feel so impure. I feel I am cursed. Infact I don’t think I can even look myself in the eye anymore without feeling dirty.I thank you immensely Amma and Sir for rescuing me”. She said with tears streaming down her beautiful innocent face.

Sanskriti felt bad for her. Asked her if she would like her to contact her father and speak to him. She said I tried to speak to him, but then now its too late. Maybe in a few years he might be able to forgive her. Sanskriti held the hand of Aishwarya. “Don’t worry child .Everything will work out fine. Just try to get some rest and we shall work it out in the morning”.

The next day Sanskriti took Aishwarya and drove down to another city. She thought it unsafe for her to be in the same place. After an eight hour drive, she parked her car outside a ladies hostel.

Once in she was welcomed by the hostel members. Sanskriti was one of the trustees there.

She arranged for her to stay there and then took her to the recruitment agency of her friend who appointed her minus an interview, thanks to the interference of Sanskriti.
    Aishwarya was spellbound by the generosity and large heart. She was finding it very difficult to believe that there were angels like her.

On the way back to the hostel, Sanskriti told Aishwarya. “Aishwarya a new life for you begins today. I am sure you have a wonderful time ahead in life. Do not let your past ruin your future. What has been can never be changed but can be forgotten. I want you to forget your past. I want you to believe that there is a lot more for you in life. I want you to live a decent and happy life and I’m sure you will .I do not think I will, meet you again I don’t want to, because meeting me will probably never let you forget your past. But I want you to promise me that you will try to resurrect your life from today. And remember dear you are just as pure as pure can be. Sometimes what you perceive as the end may just be the beginning of something else. We all fall dear but we must know how to stand up after the fall. ”

Aishwarya who couldn’t speak a word just nodded her head. She couldn’t control her tears no matter how hard she shut her eyes.

Once at the gate of her hostel, Aishwarya touched Sanskritis feet and Sanskriti blessed her with a smile. She did keep enquiring about her with her friend and the hostel authorities and knew that life was now very beautiful for her. She had also heard about her marriage to a very well settled person and now she was glad to see it herself.

Aishwarya resurrected her life. She gained the respect of people at her workplace and of a man ,enough to make him want to make her his wife. The silver lining that came in the form of Sanskriti brought rains of happiness in her life.And she never looked back. A blissful four year after her nightmare would not have been possible had she not accidently met Sanskriti.

The station was crowded and the people flocked to the windows to meet their dear ones.
    Prem waved out to Sanskriti. Sanskriti saw how eager he was to meet her,all so evident in the wrinkle blessed face and the grin that showed that he was still as much in love with her as her was forty years back as she was with him. He also saw Aishwarya with a handsome man and an infant in hand. He smiled at them and looked in pride at his wife as he held her hand and walked away.

Aishwarya folded her hands in a prayer as she saw them leave. She was one of the few blessed humans who witnessed the presence of GOD on earth.

Love,
    Devika

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
    sindmani likes this.
  2. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Wow devika,,The title shows our indian sanskrithi..I really loved .My hearty congrats for choosing an appropriate name which suited to the story..

Your story is extreemely good and I really appreciate Sanskrithi for showing a right path to Ashwairya and the end is very good by her Marriage and a kid:thumbsup.

For listening this story is really good but in the real life do u think how many sanskrihti´s are there in the world nowadays who wants to shape someother life who are starngers to them..If there are also then I think we can count on fingers..I wish each and evey women should become a sanskrihti when help needed by someone..

Hugs,
    dg..

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

DM,

:cheers for the way you choose the titles.

Loved the way the protagonist uses presence of mind, her tout to put Aishwarya back in the main stream, in a new light.

We need lot of Sanskriti's in this world.

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Mole
    Those are very profound words. Most of us live as prisoners of our past or in constant anxiety about the future while the present keeps moving on unnoticed. The pity is that we do not make use of the present to overcome the bitterness of the past or to prepare ourselves to meet the future with confidence.

How many of us have the fortune of meeting a divine person like Sanskriti who could lead us from darkness to light? We have more of the kind that keep reminding us of our past or paint a gloomy future for us. Aishwarya had the good fortune of meeting a visionary who helped her to shake of the dirt of her past and get on to a lovely life.

All of us may not have the divine intervention of a Sanskriti but it is up to us to bring out the Sanskriti who is inherent in every one of us and develope a positive and vibrant outlook towards life.

A great story as usual, my mol!
    Sri

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dadi Amma
    Wow Hats off to you yaar such a beautiful story with so much to learn, I agree with DG, How many women are out there who need help and very few of them are there to offer such help which we can count them on our fingers.
    Sanskriti showed her a wonderful way and it was Ashwairya's part to follow the path and become a successful women which she became and led a happy life.
    All the Best.............hope all your stories will be read by some producer and get to see them on TV yaar............Title Dadi Amma's stories, not joking ok I am serious about it, if this dream comes true send me the CD of your serial.
    I am still waiting for your poem book poetess, let me see which one is going to come to me first.

6. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Devs
    :wow:wow You always brought out the best emotions in your story and so beautifully. Even the names are symbolic sanskriti ,Prem, and vishwas . This is very true that many a times the young girls fall for such traps & many a times their lives are destroyed due to one wrong decision. in real life most of the time there are no sanskriti to take care of such girls.
    But A story with happy ends always gives a good feeling.
    Bye

7. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Devs,

This was one beautiful piece. All the names are so enchanting dear.

There is light at the end of the tunnel is beautifully potrayed. I love this name Sanskriti. If there are more Sanskriti in this world, it would be real paradise for women.

Thanks dear for this lovely post. Actually I was missing you here for a looooong time.
    So you have come back with a bang !

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ende Priyappatta Mole,
    Lovely emotions portrayed by you and as beautifully as only you can do!
    I presume sanskriti means tradition, right? Sankriti is the name of a sage - I know this becuse my father belonged to this gotra.

There is so much of depth in your words
    We shudder if something good comes to an end. Rarely do we pause and think that perhaps something better awaits us, knowing not God's plans.
    The secretive "pav padna" , you described is very touching - a touch of "sanskriti" in Aishwarya!
    Sanskriti lived up to her name by gifting a beautiful life to an orphaned girl! May her tribe increase, Mole!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
    sindmani likes this.
  9. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Devika,

Loved your story all the way!!It takes a lot of effort an more than that a big heart to resurrect a girl's life when she is down in the dumps. How much of time would many spend taking her to another city and getting her a job??? Aishwarya was given back the 'richness' which her name means by an angel in human form.
    God bless Sanskriti!!! and you for giving this to us.

sindmani likes this.
  10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Devika,

Wonderful story:clap :clap :clap...How beautifully you play with the words....

Loved the lines...

Do not let your past ruin your future. What has been can never be changed but can be forgotten. I want you to forget your past. .........
    Sometimes what you perceive as the end may just be the beginning of something else. We all fall dear but we must know how to stand up after the fall.

.. :hatsofffor the concept...its takes lots of courage and compassion for anyone to do what Sanskriti did...
    Hope there are many more Sankritis for the Aishwaryas everywhere..

Overall great one from you...

sindmani likes this.