1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

! -Part 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ish_nalini, Nov 9, 2007.

1. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

“! “
    PART - I

From the moment she woke up, she spin like a top and she did all her regular works, waved her hand and send off her hubby Naraen to office. “ShhhhhhhhhNandhini lay on the sofa tried to relax her. As her name indicates she is like a lush green meadow at her mid 20. She comfort herself with the cusioned sofa and glanced over those weekly and monthly magazines. She is a voracious reader, that’s the reason Naraen brought her all kind of books and magazines. While she was reading a story in a renowned magazine she suddenly throw it off and started murmuring herself.
    “**** wherever I go, whatever i see, I can see only strife between daughter-in-law and mother-in-law, there is no mutual understanding. What a sin world?”
    An incident hit Nandhini ,its nothing but her last week dharishan to a nearby temple and started recalling how shenbaga maami poured all her grievance to her.Shenbaga maami ,though she looks matured and croseed her 50's ,she is very childish and emotional woman.
    “Nandhini, How are you ma ? Long time I haven’t seen you, where have you been these days?” Shenbaga maami asked her in a caring voice.
    “I am fine maami. Why looks so feeble and depressed?” .As soon as she asked with concern, maami could not conceal her worries, tears broke down on her cheeks without her knowledge. Nandhini could not bear her tears any more and started consoling her. She wonders what would be the reason for her depression. Shenbaga maami controlled her not to cry and want someone to share her worries, she found Nandhini would be right choice for her.
    “Nandhini, do you remember once I told you that my son got a new job in America?”-Shenbaga maami.
    “Yuh well I remember maami. You also said that you are going to get money from pawnbroker by replacing your bangles, mangalya sutra and house documents. Have you got the money, when you are going to move with your son maami?” she asked her with a serene smile on her naïve face.
    “I have given him all those money Nandhini. Things happened in a quite smooth way. That was the moment I have proclaimed about our arrival to all of our relations and neighbours. One day He reached me with a bonded sheets, I have questioned him what for those bonded sheets.” He replied me
    “That was nothing ma,” he gulped and continued…
    “These bonds are registration form for old age home, please sign here, only then we can admit you over there”
    “I am shell-shocked. I asked him like a child why he leave me here alone. He console me by saying,”
    “Not in intention ma .If you come along us you feel very bored to new culture and surroundings, most of the time me and Rekha will be spending our time in office. None of them will be there to chit-chat with you, that is why Rekha gave me the idea to admit you in old age home “. Shenbaga maami stopped for a moment and continued…
    “I started realizing my fate and packed up myself to get admitted in old age home. I hear my son and my daughter-in-law discussing some thing important. I don’t have the habit of eave’s dropping it came to my ears all by the way.”
    “Rekha why don’t mom accompany us? She feel very much depressed when I crack the matter about the old age home” that was my son’s voice, I recognized.
    “Keep your mouth shut don’t blither something, If she come with us and fall in sick, who will take in charge to pay all those heavy bills in hospitals, She herself a incommunicado and spoil my image before my friends staying in US. I feel like even waste of flight charges.” Rekha showed her miserable face.
    Shenbaga maami could not further recall those wounding words anymore and stood like an emotionless woman.
    Nandhini suddenly could not bear those terrible things happened to Shenbaga maami and stop thinking about her. From that moment onwards she hate the word “OLDAGE HOME”…She want to divert herself and so she started recalling her cherish and relish moments with her wonderful mother-in-law Maragatham.Yes she is a fantasy!!!

“! “ Continued……

P.s : link for second part ! -Part 2 (please comment your suggestions and go a head)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi nalini
    Good start! ( I Assume this is your first story here in IL! Correct me if I am mistaken)
    I really liked your storyline..
    Eagerly waiting for more..

Regards
    Honeybee

3. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi Honeybee,
    As soon as i post my story i was keep on checking for comments.I really thank you a lot.I am happy that my story makes you eager to read further.I will fulfill all you eagerness.
    p.s: This is my Third story
    1.My first story!!!-Tamil
    2.Love

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

That is a nice start for a story Nalini. As I love reading stories, I am eagerly waiting for the remaining. Just tell us what is the next date in which you will be updating it. That is is this a weekly story or fortnightly one?

Will read your other two stories also.

5. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Hi Rajmi akka:hiya,

Thanks a lot. I am happy to know that you are fond of reading. Whoever read this story I am sure that this is going to satisfy the reader. This is my first long story. This is not a weekly or fortnightly story; I have already finished writing this story long back in Tamil. I guess this is going to stick on all the women with soft nature and suggested IL would be the right place for it and posted .I am waiting for more encouraging words to proceed my translation section. After seeing your post, I guess I will no longer wait for auspicious time :)...You can expect my next part soon posted in this thread.

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice start, Nalini,
    very interesting, keep going!
    yet to read your other 2 stories and wait for my comments for that also!

sriniketan

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi nalini,

You are writing well..the characters are live in front of our eyes..keep going...

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Nalini,
    nice story and nice opening. Please go and hone your writing skills in IL. We are there to appreciate and encourage you, and guide you too when there is need. COngrats !

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nalini,
    Interesting beginning ! Typical woman's favoutite subject !
    All the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri especially for you HI HI HI,

Thanks for your comment.Please go a head and I am waiting for your response.