1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HE: Our Ventriloquist

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Devika Menon, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,
    Good to know you had a nice time Sunkan, Knowing the person you are you deserve every bit of happpiness in life and I wish you the same. Fantastic menu Sunkan. Anyway your culinary skills are no surprise. Your paranthas are still on my mind. Well my Vishu Sadhya comprised of the usual Sambhar, Avial , Kari, Thayirpachadi, and Parappu Pradaman and Chakka Pradhaman . We managed with the left over for dinner .Anyway after the gigantic portions of lunch savoured we hardly had the stamina to stand up and cook some dinner. Infact today we had Vishukanhi and Puzzhuku.An extended celebration.... Sunkan Neiv , the kutti mol ,is a Sambhar kid. She can have Sambhar Chawal ,365 x2. with urlakazhanga uperi, And of course papadam or Appalam is a must for her. Are nendranga chips and Kayavarthadha the same? Just curious to know.
    Love,
    Devika

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  2. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hey Lakshmi,

Kashi aahen??. Barach Divsane disli

Yes dear I have people who I think are blessed with so much goodness in life , come up and crib about petty wants. Sometimes I feel ,Are you blind ? Cant you see others suffering? Comparatively you are so very lucky. But I guess most are selectively blind to the blessings of God! Yes I remember the saying "I had the blues because I had no shoes,Until upon the street I met a man who had no feet"
    Love,
    Devika

3. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear devika menon,
    Oh .It simply superb and wonderful.It is only by surfing these lines we feel the need to thank god,our parents to have given a wonderful life.Very often we regret for invisible but hides the visible things before us.

Excellent devika mam.Keep going...
    BC

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sudha , the Great Motivator,

Well I always read your last lines first , its because they always have this line "You are gifted , dont waste it" and it inspires me no end. Thankyou so much!!.
    Yes Sudha I had a very nice Vishu and hope you had a good New Year too!
    Well Sudha, Gender bias with God? mmm... Well I really never thought much about that . I pray as much to Ganesha, Krishna , Guruvayurappa and Shivji as I do to Lakshmi, Durga,Saraswathi.....Its like If I say Mother ,I dont feel less close to Daddy and If I say Father I dont feel less close to Mom, But you've pointed an interesting fact Sudha, we might take up a discussion on that.
    Thanks for appreciating the poem. Its a fact that everyday I hear so many woes , some that are simple but people somehow love to complicate matters and the last question often asked is,"Why did God have to do it to me"? And I wonder when God does something good do you still ask the same?
    I am so honoured Sudha that you think it is a good gift.BowBowBowThanks from the bottom of my heart.
    Love,
    Devika

5. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

Thanks for writing in and I am so glad you liked the poem. Well Bhargavi youre right parents too like God are constantly fulfilling the wishes of children but the kids desires never seem to end . Theres so much pressure on the parents.It would be nice if we can appreciate whatever they have done for us and to God for being so kind , we can definitely see a happier world.
    Love,
    Devika

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear devika mam,

excellent....enjoyed your poem very much....But should remember it the next time i am cribbing about something..haha

mindi

7. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Dear Devika!

Very well thought poem, did u write it? If you did, I think you deserve to be in the list of top poets- not for your language, not for your rhyme, but for the topic. But if you didnt write the poem, you still top the list of good people who want to share good things with everyone.

Thanks for the post, Devika, truly enlightening!

Regards,
    Purnima

8. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Mindi,

Thanks for the appreciation. I am sure you will remember it and the cribbing will reduce.
    Love,
    Devika

9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Purnima,

Thankyou so much for the wonderful words of appreciation. Yes dear I have tried my best to write a decent poem and if you find it truly good ,I am very honored.My experiences in life have made me realize that it is better to appreciate what you have rather than run a wild goose chase for things absent . I have total faith in God and feel that when he has designed something for us there must be a reason for it!
    Love,
    Devika

10. Ranjita Gireesh

Ranjita Gireesh New IL'ite

Hi Devika,

Again an excellent poem from you…….. Nice wordings…….. and very well said. Most of us are not satisfied with what we have, we always yearn for more and more. When we see somebody deprived from that, then only we’ll realize how blessed we are. We should learn to be happy in what God had given us and never ever forget to thank him for what HE had given us. You had expressed that very beautifully.

Ranjita.