1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diets For Better Eyesight

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by cathleen, Feb 9, 2010.

1. cathleen

cathleen New IL'ite

To improve eyesight, one must concentrate on one’s diet and exercise and any change in lifestyle and habits will have an effect on one’s eyes. As regards food, it is necessary to consume a substantial amount of apples and grapes everyday as they help in improving one’s eyesight. Vitamin A is a necessary component for developing good eyesight and is found abundantly in carrots and spinach. The latter also contains iron, vitamin B and C all of which help purify the blood, boost haemoglobin levels and thereby improve eyesight. The cream of milk, fresh milk, butter, cheese, turnips, cabbage, tomatoes, green peas, soya beans, lettuce, dates and oranges are considered beneficial for the eyes and can be consumed on a daily basis. Blueberry juice is also known to improve eyesight and can be consumed thrice a week. Apart from eating healthy and drinking plenty of water, the eyes also require a certain amount of exercise in order to improve eyesight. Avoid consuming sugar and white flour as they are both known to affect eyesight adversely.

2 people like this.

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Cathleen, for sharing useful information.

I eat carrot, tomato.......but never had blueberry.

Will try out blueberry juice.

3. suganyarangasam

suganyarangasam Gold IL'ite

thanks for info ma...
    i wil try to follow and improve my eyepower

4. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the beautiful and useful information... daily me and my kid eat vegetables and fruits only.. twice a day we eat greens too...