1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried " Herbalife" products???

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by blessed, Feb 5, 2010.

1. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Have any one of you heard about "Herbalife" a neighbour of mine is on this diet for the past two months and its amazing that she has reduced by nearly 4 kgs though her target is 15 kgs.

The diet is as follows:

1. I huge glass of hot water with 2 spoon of Afresh ( a herbalife product) and then one hour morning walk before 7.am preferably.

2. No intakes till 1.00 PM, then we can have one chapathi with little rice an gravy

3. 5-6 pcs of papaya with cofee or tea around 6.00 Pm

4. Dinner 2 chapati's

5. In between at least 4 ltrs of water has to be consumed and this is compulsory

Most Important : forget morning coffee.

Iam now thinking I should also try this.

Admin Note: You may wish to read relevant links on Herbalife

Is Herbalife beneficial?
    Herbalife for Weight Reduction
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...ion/79377-herbalife-the-panacea-all-ills.html
    Does Herbalife help to reduce weight?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013

2. Neelimai

Neelimai Junior IL'ite

Hii

I tried herbal life.. it really works...they will give u f1,f2,f3( shake powder,protein powder,vitamin tablets)

i followed like these

morn---one vitamin tablet ( it reduces excess water in the body),shake with any fruit

afternoon---one vitamin tablet,normal lunch i used to have everything with less oil...avoid sweets as much as possible...

dinner---one vitamin tablet,shake with choice of fruit

i used to drink 4 liters of water....

without excercise i followed this diet strictly with in 20 days i reduced 5 kilos...in the begining they will take all the details how much u weigh, and how much excess water in ur body and fat...

i had more water then fat thats why i reduced that much weight in 20 days....

hope this will help u

1 person likes this.
  3. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Neelimai

I have just started of with this

In the mornings I have "Afresh" a powder with hot water nearly 1/4 ltr and then go for a walk, then have "protien shake" and after this lunch (3 chapathis) with sabji around 1.30-2.00 and again Afresh around 6.00 pm and then four to five pcs papaya along with 2 chapatis for dinner. so no rice at all.

This is what the dietician has told me to do, and I am following this for past a week, lets c how it works

4. Neelimai

Neelimai Junior IL'ite

hii

u r diet sounds good..if ur hungry in between go for cucumber or carrot..

all the best

5. ramyagiri

ramyagiri Bronze IL'ite

hi Blessed, Neelimai,

nice to hear that you are losing weight!!

whats this herbalife products? where do we get them?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  6. Neelimai

Neelimai Junior IL'ite

hii ramya

herbal life products not avaliable in stores.... u can get them from distributor...they will come to our home and take all the measurements like weight and water and fat contains in the body after that they will suggest u the diet...

u can check the site herbalife.com...

7. ubellah

ubellah Bronze IL'ite

How much does it cost?
    Are there any side effects?

8. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

I paid nearly 6400/- for the products

But the results are amazing provided you follow the rules very strictly.

I lost 1.6 kgs in 20 days:thumbsup

I also feel lighter and the fat in my stomach has reduced drastically.

Yes as Neelima said you cannot get these from local stores, visit the site,Herbalife - United States - Official Site and search for the distributors in your place.

9. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Hello Ladies!

I just want to put my 2 cents in this herbalife thing.

1. First of all, if you do a brisk walk for 1 hr daily alongwith the diet restrictions, you wud see improvement in your diet. There is no need for the protein shakes..

2. Herbalife protein shakes have "fructose" as thier second ingredient which is really not good sign. The ingredient also includes triglycerides....

3. Herbalife has been sued by many people for liver damage ( look quackwatch.com )

4. Lead contents in it are way above prescribed limits and in the long term could lead to adverse health affects...

Think about it.. if it was that safe, then it wud have been prescribed by medical practitioners and since they are in business since last around 25 yrs.. there would not be many people with obesity..

I would request you to take this thing with a grain of salt.. be careful... and get a normal diet chart ( without artificial protein shakes ) and follow it for your life... do you want to take herbalife forever? if you leave it.. you might gain back weight.. plus , the main concern is nobody knows its long term health impacts.... Herbalife is such a huge company that these people lobby around in getting thier products approved in FDA... so BE CAREFUL!

2 people like this.
  10. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

The herbalife thing is kind of a scam. You get better regulated and priced protein powders in the US that can be used. The product being sold in India is overpriced. I would not recommend it. Any sudden weight loss is not good long term. For long term weight loss there is no shortcut.