1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any ideas for diabetic meal

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by lmani, Jun 6, 2007.

1. lmani

lmani Senior IL'ite

My husband is diabetic.Any good meal plan?:wave

2. Sdevir

Sdevir New IL'ite

HI,
    My cousin's husb is also diabetic. I dont know the exact diet they follow but i have an idea. He eats oatmeal for breakfast(everyday). Either Whole wheat chapathi or Brown rice for lunch with lots of vegetables, salad in the evening as snack(in his office only) & then Phulkas(whole wheat like "Sujatha" or "pillsbury") at supper. He can pretty much eat any fruits except "BANANAS, MANGOES, SAPOTA, SITHAPHAL(custard apple)". These fruits are complete NO-NO. Other than these i think he can eat pretty much anything. But its better to talk to ur physician too. And also as i'm a Pharmacist i usually recommend my patients to eat a small piece of "cinnamon" too everyday:goodidea: . Initially when he starts taking that its better to check his blood sugar levels everyweek as the reading may go down as a result of cinnamon. In such cases its better to change the dose of the medication. Eventually if he follows this regimen seriously i believe he can manage not to take any med'ns and just follow this strict diet. As i am not aware of his readings i dont want to make any promises here. I hope i was of some help.

Sdevir:2thumbsup:

3. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

ragi flour can be added to normal atta while kneading, it is beneficial in diabetes.it is also called nachani atta.
    cinnamon and turmeric too good.