1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Opposite food

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Thanana, Nov 7, 2009.

1. angayarkanni

angayarkanni New IL'ite

Hi all, i used to take a spoon of honey and then immediately i'll drink hot water in the morning (empty stomach). Is it good or not? Pls advise.

2. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

hi
    i don't think there is any harm in that. infact it would be better if you mix honey in warm(not hot) water and have it in the mornings.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  3. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

i agree to Raji with this as i still from last 7-8 years drinking warm water with honey and lemonjuice in the morning ...

please post what are the effects if we have opposite foods together like i really want to know milk and banana together

4. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Good Topic.
    I too have heard about this.. My Grandma used to be very strict those days in these matters.
    Should not have milk or milk products such as curd, butter,etc with lemon...
    Should not have tablets and cool drinks
    Those who are having hot body, should drink 1 glass of milk after having Mango...

5. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

having warm honeyed water helps in cleaning the bowels and good for the skin too. clean stomach clean skin!
    i too didn't know much about these opposite foods. the effect they have on our body need not be immediate. but it seems it will have adverse effects like skin diseases and indigestion. this is not my knowledge but what ayurvedic doctor

6. abhinavsingh

abhinavsingh New IL'ite

what about eggs? does all the rules for non veg opposite foods apply for eggs also?

7. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

My mom always used to tell not to drink water after eating oily foods..donno the reason though..

8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Have always been told not to have milk after eating fish...but have always wondered how is that Westerners like their fish in white sauce???

Also, many people say that different meats should not be eaten/cooked together. likewise, there are many dishes like the Spanish Paella (rice dish), Italian Risotto, Chinese Chopsuey etc. all have mixed meats in them.

9. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hey we do prepare bana milk shakes daily at home..Is it that dangerous?i never heard of this!!

10. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Yes Superwoman, we should not drink cold water immediately after having oily foods as this could cause cancer... I always tend to forget that and drink cold water immediately after lunch as I love only cold water... :-(