1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Can I loose weight with a low carb diet?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by radha01, Aug 27, 2009.

1. radha01

radha01 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I have a 10 month old baby and would like to loose the weight I gained furing pragnancy. I read a lot about low carb diets and that they work really well. Is there an Indian version of this? I am trying to stick to veg and dals and avoid bread and rice. But it seems to take ages just so shed a kg. Can anybody help me?

Radha

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Any diet combined with moderate exercise gives good results.Walking is the best to start.Having a kid and meeting his demands need energy.so i would encourage you to have balanced diet avoiding sugary food,high fat and other high caloric food.some food to avoid excess ghee,sweets,store-brought muffins/candy/cake.
    eat more vegetables than rice for lunch.chapathi,idli,dosa,sprouts are good.

3. pari14

pari14 Junior IL'ite

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Radha,

I second Supriya....what she said is 100% true....

I even have put lot of weight....i did dieting like reduced to take rice quantity instead of that Chappathi,salads, oats included more in my diet and with that moderate exercise 30mts for sure.

I enjoyed my junks foods occassionally...some time when it get late i use to have out....i didn;t fully sacrifice...i enjoyed occassionally this and as well most of the time stick to my exercise and diet....

I have been doing this diet past8months and exercise past5months, i have lost almost 9kgs now.

So never i felt so craving, as once in blue moon i enjoyed myoutside foods and snacks.

Mainly drink lot of water atleast 2litres..

All the best.