1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Any substitute for tea/coffee?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by Sriniketan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,
    I have a question in my mind and I also had asked many people, and they told me that having tea/coffee in between, makes them keep awake..and be energetic.
    I don't drink tea or coffee...what can be subsituted for tea/coffee, to make myself feel energetic and avoid untimely naps. :coffee

sriniketan

2. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Dear Srini
    It is actually the sugar plus the caffine offcourse which helps us awake.So you can try an apple, a sweetened drink , milk with bournvita type stuff.
    But meri baat mano...don't try any as they all are habit forming, just take a 10 min nap or just deep breathing too helps . You see the 40 winks thing.Try all these but stay away from consumtion of any stuff if you have till datetsk. Actually hats off to you for this.:hatsoff

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sriniketan:
    I found when I used to be doing a lot of times studies (which is very subtle work) that any consumption of sugar that I had at lunch would produce sleepiness in me about an hour later. This was a very big problem during my work so I made it a policy not to consume any sugar during the day. You might see if this helps you. Sugar gives a lift immediately but does not keep energy up. Consuming complex carbs does keep energy up.

If your metabolism is changing due to age or you are not getting restful sleep due to stress, perhaps scheduling a cat nap during the day make sense.

The alternatives to tea/coffee that I know of will not keep you awake.

Tina

4. Sriniketan

muzna,
    Thanks a lot for the tips...can you clear me of the 40 wink tip. Deep breathing and nap for 10 min. that's easy to follow..

sriniketan

5. Sriniketan

Tina,
    You are right..I think the metabolism has changed as I am in the PMS age..I am having a cat nap during the day...but still I feel tired during the evening and also whenever I got to say my prayers...I sleep..immediately.bonk
    Complex sugar is a great idea..should try on that angle.
    Thanks a lot, Tina..

sriniketan

6. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Th e40 nwinks is just the other name for cat nap .
    One thing i'll suggest.. get your haemoglobin checked. what you are saying is basically undue fatigue, and many a times this is due to some deficiency.

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear sri,
    do not get accustomed to all these habits. try this. wash your face with cool water.take a small walk. i think i have suggested a right thing.
    with love
    pad

8. Sriniketan

muzna,
    So 40 winks means the cat nap...:) I thought of it as winking 40 times Big Laughto keep you awake..
    Should check the haemoglobin..will do it!

sriniketan

9. Sriniketan

Padmini ma'am,
    Practical solution you had given...will follow because it is as easy as 1 2 3.:thumbsup

sriniketan

10. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi,

A simple remedy to my knowledge... have a glass of buttermilk with hing (with or without salt) that will be very refreshing with a combination of Walk

Summa try pannungo !!!