1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

sprouts and its benefits

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by babitha_b, Nov 17, 2008.

1. babitha_b

babitha_b Guest

hi Il's...

i want to know about sprouts .what are all things we can use as a sprouts?what is the correct time should take it?goods and bads(taking too much) of sprouts?how we should take it(preparation)?

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

sprouts are green grams and they are very good source of protein you can boil them and have it with your salad. try to have them at lunch but not for dinner.
    normally we jains when we are fasting and upon breaking the fast we take the OSAMAN the boiled water of green grams as a source of energy and it helps in weight loss.
    since we are vegetarians these sprouts and any beans like red kidney beans are good source of protiens.

hope the info helps you
    alpa

3. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

Sprouts are all grams which are rich in protine. Usually we soak it over night and use it for our salads.Soya gram which u can use like any other sprout is helpful in cutting down weight and cholostrol.
    hope this helps.
    cheers

4. rjsune

rjsune New IL'ite

Hi Alpa, good to know that there is a Jain on the site....
    I'm a marwai jain living in mi, usa.

Sprouts - moong ones r very good source of protein.
    Soak Moong in water and keep it in dark place for 2 days,...it wtll sprout.
    Boil it in water with salt...You can eat it with chutney or make bhel & eat.

If u r looking to have protein rich food - this is the best! along with rajma, chole, chawla...
    enjoy!

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

hi rjsune,
    glad to meet another jain. i normally do what you have mentioned but i like osaman.
    moong are the best for weight loss as well

alpa