1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

natural medicine for indigestion

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by kalpana, Nov 10, 2006.

1. kalpana

kalpana Junior IL'ite

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi kalpana
    Including ginger in your regular cooking helps in preventing indigestion.
    Constipation: try drinking hot water (about 2 cups) and take a brisk walk for about 10 mins immediately..

I have tried these and it helps.

Regards
    Honeybee

3. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

constipation n indigestion

Hi Kalpana,

u can use amla murabba for constipation.take one amla murabba wd hot milk in morning time.u can also try harad murabba.

for indigestion :
    u can make a powder wd these things:
    ajwain,black peper, black cardamom,fenugreek seeds and if u like u can add hing(assafoetida) also.(take small small quantity of each.I can't say abt exact ratio coz I always take these sometimes equal sometimes as per taste as I don't like hing taste so I take it little so u can also do in same manner).
    take one teaspoonfull of this powder after taking ur meal(after lunch n dinner).
    hope it is of some help.

Sonia

4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

indigestion and constipation

hi,
    wake up early
    go for a short walk or try just plain deep breathing for a few minutes out in the open
    for constipation take an enema for some days first thing in the morning
    for indigestion try the following
    skip a meal.
    try fasting with just fruit/vegetable juices
    take more vegetables and fruits in your diet cut down on rice/chappathi
    avoid refined flour and processed food
    sleep on hard bed preferably cotton spread not on foam.
    vajrasana with deep breathing helps in indigestion ( asanas best learnt from a regular practitioner as he can judge your level of health and advice accordingly)
    pambaram madiri suthina indigestionavathu constipationavathu !! ( spin like a kids toy; top..i.e active throughout the day and indi.. and const.. will vanish)

sathya

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

natural medicine

Dear Kalpana,

Drink water. How many glasses of water do you drink daily?? Increase that amount. Atleast one should drink ten glasses of water daily.
    When there is no lubrication you'll have constipation. Water is a necessity for that. As soon as you get up drink atleast three glasses of water , in empty stomach. If you can drink more. Within ten minutes you'll feel like going to the loo. Try it out. I have found this helpful.
    Use fibrous food like fruits more. Eat fruits and not drink fruit juice. If you believe in homeopathy send me a private message. I'll tell you the remedy.
    Latha :wave

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hi kalpana,

For indigestion, you take HAJMOLA TABLETS 2 , 3 times in one day and continue for 3 days. To avoid indigestion dont take oil foods or sweets in the night. You want natural medine is it not? Take 2 or 3 Cardammom and dry fry it in a kadai. Let is become big and brown. Now remove it from the fire and remove the skin. Then take the seeds and powder it. Mix it with one tea spoon of honey and eat. Have a tumbler of hot water. This will make you alright. Try this and tell me.
    Next for constipation, take raw vegetables and have8 -10 betal leaves and nuts that is put TAMBULAM in the night after your food. Have a banana also. This will help you to avoid constipation. Morning also have 3 to 4 glasses of water in empty stomach. Try this too.:wave

7. slgayatri

slgayatri Bronze IL'ite

For indigestion...good solution

Hi Kalpana
    So many people gave u so many ideas,and here is my suggestion.
    U can try this also.
    Pudin hara tablet is there in the medical shops. If u take it, within 15-20 min, u'll feel the difference. I use it very often.
    I think this tablet will be there in each and every medical shop.
    Whenever u r feeling some acidity or indigestion, or even for period pains, u can take this. So many will feel stomache pain during period times. So this will help a lot. Hope u'll try this and recover soon.

Gayathri.:wave

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

9. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

green or black cardamom

dear kamlaamma,

Plz tell me which cardamom we can use green or black and when we can eat this powder-IN THE MOR TIME OR AFTER EACH MEAL.plz explain.

thank you very much in advance.

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

cardamom

Dear sonia,

It is green cardamom which is used for indigestion. That's why we always add it in the payasams, remember??
    Latha