1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Diet to lose weight on the face and tummy

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by N@!Sr!, Jul 21, 2008.

1. N@!Sr!

N@!Sr! Senior IL'ite

To lose weight on the face

Hi,
    I have been an avid reader of this site but enrolled myself today for getting some suggestions. I am a working woman and work from 8:00am-6:30pm. 1.5 hours of commuting time. With this schedule I normally dont get time to go to a gym or do any jogging or walking. After I reach home from my office, I have to clean the house, do the laundry, clean the utensils,cook for my hubby n myself etc...in short do all the household chores.Eventhough I tried several times to fit in some excercise plans but I failed.
    List that I dont eat:
    1.Butter, cheese, mayo
    2.Red meat
    3.Sugar, chocolates
    4.No junk food, cokes, colas
    5.No rice except for once in the weekend.

I eat/drink:
    1. Skimmed milk and skimmed milk yogurt
    2.Breads that too before 6pm.
    3.Veg cooked in 1tbls of oil
    4.Dal, paneer, fish n chicken

Even after following such a stringent diet plan with 15mins kapalbhati and 15mins anulom vilom, I cant reduce my weight.
    I am 5'2'' and my weight is 72 kgs. Most of my weight is concentrated in my tummy n face.
    I do eat once in a week in restaurants but not fast food and the quantity is very less.
    My portion is also less. At the end of the day, I become terribly tired to continue with my daily chores but hell I dont lose a single pund of weight.
    I got my thyroid test done and everything is normal there too.
    Please help me to chose a diet which would help me reducing my weight asap.
    I am tried of this for the past 1 yar now.

Admin Note: Here are some links that discuss about reducing weight on the face and tummy.Do check them out

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/92608-how-reduce-tummy-thigh-area.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k.../180563-how-reduce-tummy-weight-possible.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/k.../41777-does-doing-cycling-exercise-cycle.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/201-reduce-belly-fat-1.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/face-and-skin-care/100230-face-fat.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/86568-do-you-want-reduce-fat.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013

2. Keen.toshare

Keen.toshare New IL'ite

Re: To lose weight on the face and tummy

Hi ..

Am glad to know I am not alone :) Yes, we too run a similar day except that I have young daughter at tow who goes to daycare.
    a few suggns (ones that i have been trying to attempt myself) -
    - drink plenty of water right in the morning - some say 1.5l
    - you say u commute quite a bit - if u encounter steps use those instead of elevator
    - bet/ home chores - do some stretch exercises
    - your hubby and you could schedule the days such that once/twice a week you eat out. in that case, you will be free during early mornings or late evenings. u could do light jog then. i believe light jo is better than running as the latter doesn't burn as much fat
    - cut down on rice portion; substitute with chapati

just a few pointers. am too running a similar schedule and trying to extract some 'me' time but v v difficult.

best wishes

3. lathadakshina

lathadakshina New IL'ite

Re: To lose weight on the face

Chicken has fat. And so does paneer. So avoid em. Also avoid eggs. :hide:

The timing is always an excuse for everybody. But if can do push-ups for atleast 20 times a day (takes hardly 5 minutes doesn't it) would benifit.

Gym starts at the house. :exactly:

Replace the meat based diet with fruits and soya beans.

To lose face on the weight, do facial excercies. (Ex. Turn the head clockwise and anti clockwise). And most importantly, no matter how much you eat in morning/lunch, it will be utilized in daily routine. Only dinner is the food that can cause much fat. So eat as less as possible for dinner.

Remember, Mr. B is a pure veggie. Big Laugh

4. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Have a king size breakfast, normal lunch and light dinner.

Do you leave home at 8 or you have to reach office at 8??

Try the foll.

- As soon as you get up have about 1 lt. of water. Drink as much as you can.
    - after your morning chorus, take 1 glass of warm water add a few drops of lime and 2 tsp of honey.
    - have 4-6 soaked almonds.
    - have 4-5 soaked black dates.
    - Have a big mug of milk and a proper b/fast, can contain cereals, one warm dish like upma/poha etc.
    - Carry a fruit with you. (apple/pear) and have it at 11 am. or you can have a handful of nuts.
    - for lunch have a salad, and whatever you are comfortable and atleast a glass of thin buttermilk.
    - around 4 again have a fruit.
    -after reaching home have maybe a glass of nimbu pani.
    - have a light dinner or have an early dinner so you have atleast 2-3 hrs before you hit the pillow. (then you can have dal, rice, subzi, roti)

Try this you may not feel tired by the end of the day and also by using less fatty food it may help to lose fat around your face and tummy.

Also, continue with your kapaalbhatti and anulom-vilom.

Do work around your time management. If you are working 5 days a week then during the weekend go for walks atleast 30 min.

You can also try doing 5 surya namaskar.

All the best.

5. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

In order to lose body fat it is necessary to work out. You have to burn the fat.
    I know it is hard to go to the gym after work but it has to do with disicipline.
    Try to go to the gym twice a week (i know it it tough!) and make this a part of your lifestyle. Discuss this with your DH. If someone encourages you it is much more easier. Maybe you can go together.
    You can also go to a gym where they have group fitness programs like spinning and body pump. These classes are fun and you loose weight.

Also it is of great importance to eat 6 small (healthy) meals during the day and don't skip any meals.

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI dear,

try to join the gym and do aerobics it helps you a lot in 2weeks you will see difference.
    In the morning the first thing you shoulddo is have a glass of hot water with a little bit of lemons queezed in it. Have big breakfast as it will take you upto lunch, then have a moderate lunch, have a fruit for your break and in the evening have soup or fruits, try toeat less at night and remember bread takes two day to digest in the stomach try to have WHOLEMEAL BREAD. After dinner have a fruit. avoid sugar containing fruits like mangoes, custard apples, greem melons.Red water melonsare very healthy. Drink 2 litres of boiled water every day. Water is very good for the health.

try jogging over the weekends.

good luck, be positive dear you will loseit, it willtake time be patientBow
    alpa

1 person likes this.
  7. sujaram

sujaram Senior IL'ite

Hi,:hiya

I want to lose weight on my hip and tummy. I am pure vegeterian. Now i am on diet. can u suggest how to lose weight on these both areas.:idea

8. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

Hi Sujaram,

This are woman "problem areas". The only way to reduce weight on these areas is to excercise. I suggest to join a gym and ask the instructor what excercises you have to do to lose weight on these specific areas.

9. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

Hi all

seems tht "singh asan "helps in reducing the wt on the face n tones up the facial muscles n also gives a shine on the face.

for practicing this asan ,one shld sit in the vajra asan ,bent fwd with palms touching the ground.inhale thru nose n exhale by mouth with tongue opened.the exhale thru mouth makes some sound.

bye
    raji

10. andresss

andresss New IL'ite

I do bodyflex at times when i dont feel like doing arobics. anyway,my experience with it is: i lost my 2nd chin within a week, my face looked awful for 2 days,but after that,wow,i got so many compliments you actually look radiant,and young looking. my butt looked somewhat better, my ankles finally got thin, but my tummy and my lower tummy looked bigger,and the front of my legs above the knee was gross all the cellulite, was showing worse than ever. i admit i didnt gain any weight nor lose and i ate like a pig. i now just use it for the face,but thats it. i do agree you feel energized. i just cannot put the video away,somehow i always go back to it. i honestly believe that you do lose inches. but i hate the fact that you look gross for a while before things start to smooth out. im just to inpatient!!
    :):):)