1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

energy giving foods

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by arinuw, May 26, 2008.

1. arinuw

arinuw Senior IL'ite

2. sonalipd

sonalipd New IL'ite

Hi
    This is an interesting topic.I am into Raw Foods.I eat around 75% raw.This is the only way to get the maximum energy from foods.Cooked food lacks enzymes needed to digest it.The body uses its own share of enzymes and energy to digest the food.Whereas raw food has enzymes and will digest in less than half the time.and will give enegy.
    After eating a cooked meal the body needs rest. Bur after having a fresh veggie salad or fruit salad the body feels satisfied and invigorated.Thats your energy giving food.
    You could try something for a few days and observe how your body feels.Have a green smoothie(Blend together 1apple+1 banana+2 handfulls of spinach) for breakfast and nothing else for atleast 1 hr after.There are also a lot of green smoothie recipes on the web.Hope you find this usefull.
    Sonali

3. vv123

vv123 New IL'ite

Hi,

Can u let me know more about smoothies. I want to give this to my toddler.

Vidya

4. arinuw

arinuw Senior IL'ite

thanks

i have also heard beans give lot of energy. is this true.
    how do u manage to eat raw food. i do eat salads in the night but for lunch i want proper food. i m not sure but i always feel tired and lethargic

5. sonalipd

sonalipd New IL'ite

Hi arinuw,

sorry for not replying for long.I had not logged in and lost the post.
    As for ur query about raw foods....let me tell u my daily diet.

breakfast--green smoothie of 2 handfull of greens(spinach,lettuce)+ bananas/apples/chikoo/peach/pear/berries/pineapple.whatever i have on hand.also i add 2 tbsp of flax seeds or coconut oil for fats.

snack on fruits or carrots.

lunch green soup:- spinach /lettuce/kale/collard/mixed greens-2 handfulls,1 tomato,1 large cucumber/1/2 capsicum +avocado or olive oil for fats.blend them. then add either sprouts or grated carrots for crunch.initially i used to have 2 servings now 1 is enough.

dinner I have a huge salad of whatever is on hand(salad enough for 3 people)and 1/2 cup rice with dal/sabzi.I also make some raw recipes whwnever i have time. try to eat raw okra,raw tindola,raw dudhi ewith some seasoning for flavour.

Initially with this diet we feel tired as the body adjusts,also there will be lot of elimination but usually within a week or two, we start seeing the results. also the weight loss is amazing.

hope this helps
    Sonali

6. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Yes, raw foods have more 'prana' which is lost by cooking, preserving etc. But also the kind of cooked food you consume is also responsible for your energy level -- too much of carbs, anything white [ bread, rice, sugar, salt], too much of root vegetables [potato, taro , colocasia], too much of bananas etc. also increase lethargy. Try eliminating or reducing these in your intake & feel the difference.
    Plus not just food but exercise -- any form, be it walking, yoga, swimming etc. -- is the main key to energy & feeling fresh and active.