1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Help with blender

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by rose8282, May 22, 2015.

1. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I'm looking for a blender to make chutneys but also one that can make good juices that can pulverize the fibers in oranges and grapes, such that my 1 1/2 yr old daughter can drink it like a regular store bought tropicana. I have the following on my mind-
    Vitamix/blendtec
    preeti/Sumeet grinder
    Spice grinder (Indian grinders can do chutneys and spices but not juices)

My history: had a Preeti but it broke down after few years. Also have a juicer that takes away all fibre and doesn't do what vitamix does in a juice shop that I see.

So pls help with a cost efficient option.

2. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Try getting a Kitchen Aid Coffee Grinder . I use the same. I make everything in it. It costs maybe from 30-50 depending on you taking additional containers. I have been using it for more than 4 yrs and it works the best . Less investment and good results. I use it to make idli batter,smoothies and chutneys. Vitamix maybe good but in case it goes bad what happens next. If the blender is expensive so are the parts and not to mention labor.

With kitchen aid if it goes bad I can always toss it and buy another one. Think about it.Good Luck.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If you want to make juices/green smoothies and can afford it, I would strongly recommend the Vitamix or Blendtec. The power is awesome. You can juice all kinds of fruits and vegetables, make batters, nut butters, dips etc.
    In the summer, we often make an instant sorbet by blending ice cubes with fresh fruit. They now have models with the shorter jars which will fit easily under cabinets on the kitchen counter. And there is a dry-grinding container which is optional.
    Vitamix offers a solid 7-year parts and labor warranty if purchased from an authorized seller. Many people are using theirs for 10, 20 and more years. These two brands go on sale from time to time at Costco if you are a member.
    I do have a Preethi Eco mixie for when my mom visits, since she prefers using that.
    If you want to grind spices or small quantities of dry chutneys/powders then an electric coffee grinder is useful and inexpensive too.