1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Protein from non-meats

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by ChennaiExpress, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I love meat, but I'm aiming to have a high-prana diet.

We absorb the stresses from the animal when it has been killed, that's why meat is low prana.

About a year ago I tried to eliminate meat, fish, eggs, but I got very weak and sickly.

I know you can get high volumes of protein from other sources, I just don't know where.

My goal is to move towards a diet where food nourishes my body, rather than using it for entertainment.

2 people like this.

2. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

which vegetarian products provide as high protien as meat?? I knw of only dal n tofu...what else?

1 person likes this.
  3. Chapra

Chapra Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

Dairy products, quinoa, beans, lentils, soy products, nuts - few vegetarian sources of protein. Will come back with more...

1 person likes this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

Please give as much info about protein-rich food as possible.

Last year when I avoided meats, I got all sickly and my Father almost scolded me, he was scared of seeing me so weak .......

I just know there are good protein-rich foods out there that nourish your body and increase your aura.

We hear about Lord Krishna, Lord Rama, Lord Shiva, and all heros in Ancient Hinduism that fought all sorts of battles ..... they were strong and tough and surely they did not eat meat......

5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm a vegetarian and need high protein reserves. This is what I eat - Greek yogurt, paneer, dahi, milk, channa/rajma/moth beans/black beans/black eyed peas etc, dals(moong, masoor, channa, tur, urad) - all have carbs too but I need the carbs, hummus, nuts(nut bars especially), quinoa(some protein not a lot), various podis that I make from all the dals and peanuts, cheese, whey protein powder(when absolutely necessary, I usually hate drinking it), sprouts of all kinds, edamame, almond butter, brocolli to some extent, chia seeds(not sure how much).

2 people like this.
  6. ChennaiExpress

Wow Laks09 that all sounds so tasty!

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

8. Deivasankaran

Deivasankaran New IL'ite

Take 3-5 almonds a day, 400-500 ml of milk a day and whole grain foods.
    add some veggies like beans, peas, dals. It gives you enough protein.

9. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Protein is important but iron is also important to get when you are not eating meat. Especially women tend to get easily too low iron levels. Iron you get partly from the same sources as protein: beans/lentils, tofu, quinoa, nuts and seeds but also from cereals (brown rice, oats) and green vegetables. It is good to eat vitamin-c filled food as it makes it easier for the iron to be absorbed by the body.

Iron for Vegetarians | No Meat Athlete

1 person likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

too much of protein can put a strain on your kidneys and your digestive system. so the key is enough proteins or the daily allowance you require.

2 people like this.